1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2JZ 65 Mustang Build - Painting Car in Garage - Nearing Completion

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbocobra, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TurboComet

Awesome build. Keep up the nice work. Love the stance and the wheel/tire combo, and I don't normally like ANYTHING but 15x3.5's on the front and 15x8's or 15x10's on the back. Don't see enough 2JZ swaps. It's really quite an amazing powerplant.

2. turbocobra

Thanks man! I appreicate your thoughts.

I did have one question though... Why do you say he is a spoiled kid? He has done 50% of the work on this car, we have done every single bit of this project in our garage, paint removal, seam sealer removal, rust repair, panel replacement, suspension/motor install, and now paint and body work. Hours and hours of work in the texas heat. Working almost every weekend.

Since when did working hard for what you have mean you are spoiled?

3. turbocobra

Thanks Pete!

4. Turbo Drag Radial

cool build, can't wait to see it done

5. STERLING351

Best ever!!!!! :cheers: :ras: :ras: :ras: :ras:

6. STERLING351

You dont know that he hasnt worked his ass off to pay for stuff and do his on manual labor. His dad is obvisouly helping but im sure the son did alot of work. You must really think im spoiled... even though i have always had a job since i turned 16 and do all the work with my father. My dad is a big car guy so am i, i work my ass off to pay for parts and yes my parents help but i built my car and i prize it more than anything, id say i payed for about 50% of the total money in my mach1....

7. fattirehotrods

Nice build, love it.

8. 10secgoal

All you bitches are spoiled. I was knocking quarter panels of cars in the junk yard with a concrete chisels because power tools were not allowed. Top that! LOL

9. BreakDancer

ummm... you put a 2jz in it now ya gotta drift it thats the RULE!!

Thanks for the paint review I think I will use it when it comes time for my getto lawn paint job. My daddy didnt build me a paint booth LOL. J/K :cheers:

10. sean

I dig it. The style and the stance are very good, IMO. When the haters come over, spend their time and money on it, then they can have a say in it.

Keep the updates coming.

11. PrecisionTurboMustang

God damn you are the spoiled one. I wouldn't brag about that shit, son.

12. PrecisionTurboMustang

I say you are the best pops in the world. Seeing what your son looks like in the video I would bet he's not a ladies man. You are just trying to get him laid :D

13. turbocobra

Lol, classic!

14. STERLING351

Well you figure i was a 3 year varsity football and wrestling, so my time was limited during seasons, but out of season i worked my ass off plus school and even during summer with football practice. You can judge if you want but you have no clue how much 50% of the total actually is...

15. BreakDancer

Come on guys, give him a break He had to mow the lawn, rake leaves, take out the garbage shit if that doesn't earn you a Mach 1 I just don't know what does.

16. Stanghunter

While I dont personally like the motor choice, what a great father-son project!!! I wish my old man was into cars when I was young and did something like this with me!! Many props to you good sir!! :cheers:

17. PrecisionTurboMustang

I started a new thread about this so we don't ruin the build thread....

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/bs-(non-tech)-forum/let's-talk-about-the-newb-who's-mommy-bought-him-a-mach-1-sterling351/

18. STERLING351

Nope, i worked at Southwest motor cycle testing where we tested prototype parts and reported back faults to engineers, we had contracts with ALL major companies, and i also worked at Alamo City Soda Blasting, so you old ass jealous men can hate all you want because you possibly grew up poor or your old man didnt like cars or life wasnt easy for you, sure i come from a well off family but i still learned to do all my work by my father. And to the OP cool project not a fan of the motor but i respect it, and im sure you know where im coming from.

19. ricky

car is looking very nice..love the stance! what suspension are you running on it? other than the tailpipe,i think its a helluva build..even then, who cares what someone else thinks about the tail pipe? LOL looking forward to the finished setup..whats the interior look like?

20. turbocobra

It doesn't have an interior yet. We will be starting on that after we finish painting it. The suspension is Rod and Custom MII Coilover front setup, and the rear is also R and C triagulated 4 link with coilovers. Rear has been narrowed and litle, and we did a mini tub job on it.

Thanks for the comments! I don't mind the stuff about the exhaust, I didn't like it either, its one of those things we can go back and fix later on very easily...