1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

20ft youngblood with twin turbos and 325hp NOS

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by Hass828, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hass828

Wrong :ahah: 11psi backpress. at 17psi boost no nos, 9psi backpress. at 17psi boost nos on.

2. Hass828

I'll try to get a little vid with it on the trailer soon and post it for you , It'll idle all day at 900 rpms

3. SNYPER

Well thats awsome then!! I wonder why the BP would fall with the nitrous on?? It creates much more exhaust energy than just the turbos. Keeping that exhaust cool with the water jacketed exhaust must help some. I know when mark had that set up on his 540 it had big back pressureroblems, mush be the add CID.

Thanks for the info!!

Travis

4. Hass828

I think it was caused by the extra boost opening the waste gates further

5. BAD69BIRD

hass828 where did you find that boat?
    I had a 70 chevy pickup with that same paint scheme and it towed a boat with identical aint back in the 70's
    . Now I have now Idea what that boat is or year but its very similar.
    its a small world you never know.

I am located in CT.

6. Hass828

wasnt this boat as it is a 1981 model youngblood. It was built in Louisiana

7. BAD69BIRD

man that paint is almost identical to the truck. too cool.

8. onefst86gt

ok, so i have to admit I'm turbo boat dumb. What are all the lines going into that "hat" on top of the motor? Are you running water through a cooler there or what?

9. Hass828

Thats Ok, thats a water to air intercooler, seeing that we have plenty of nice cool water allready under pressure we might as well use it for a very efficient intercooler. :D

10. Hass828

Sure , this is a cold start after setting most of the winter.dT2cf4l2IPg[/media]]

11. 99TTGT

that's crazy :2thumbs:

12. PE826

Hass,
    Are you taking it to Purcell on the 16th?
    Jason

13. Hass828

No, I'm going to the Eddie Hill show & shine at Witchita Falls , TX that weekend.

14. H20MOFO

Hass is your set up blow thru or?? Any more vids? I have a set of banks manif. and risers, I have no idea how they are even plumbed(water wise), any tips,pics , you have for me would be greatly appreciated.

15. IMPATIENT 1

his set-up is draw thru banks. he's changing to blow thru when he gets around to it, had alot of hull work done to the tpr and wanted to run the same hp, with a fresh trick bottom to just see what the bottom work did for the boat :2thumbs: he may not need any more power, i was at his place saturday and that capps bottom is titsssss :2thumbs:

16. IMPATIENT 1

the 20ft youngblood hass had is now a part of the family, its my uncle's boat now. we're in full swing putting together the twin turbo 496 for it. bought twin bullsyeye s475's, c&s 950 blow thru, twin 1000hp air to water ic's,60mm gates, ss headers from mark55 on a well built 496bbc.may or may not run a small plate nitrous system on it, depends on how the turbos spool outta the hole.

17. Hass828

Hey MOFO,
    Its draw through right now. I have some old banks diagrams around here somewhere that show how to run the water. I love the water cooled exhaust but you will be limited to around 750-800hp with the size of the turbo's you will be able to run on them. T4s. Mine makes 750-760 on 17psi but I run a 325 shot of nos . I know that there are some naysayers here but I'm going to tell ya anyway. The nos damn near doubles the out put of my engine. It will turn a fully loaded AA stainless impellar 7200rpms. and that takes right at 1400hp. The intercooling from the nos along with the fact that it brings my rpms up to the point that my heads and cam combo starts working will explain part of this.
    I'm going to change my direction a little , the water cooled ex is nice but heavy. I'm going with a set of stainless headers made to accept the larger T6 framed turbos, Mark55 here on the boards made them,they only weigh 12lbs each. I'll be switching over to a C&S blowthrough carb and probably a set of either s475's or s480's. May bump the cid up to 496.
    According to the guys at C&S , I should easily be able to make a couple hundred more hp without the nos than I'm currently making on the juice.
    I need to drop a couple hundred pounds off the boat , adding a couple hundred hp while I'm at it wont hurt :eek:
    here's a couple more vids for ya, on this first one I'm the boat on the inside lane, racing angainst a large cid nos deal.
    HUMK2pjJYc0[/media]]
    on this second one this is Eddie Hill , one of my childhood heros , going for a little ride with me.
    psN6TB3F40E[/media]]

18. IMPATIENT 1

s475's on that 468 and don't fear the rpms :2thumbs: :D that set-up you got from mark is plenty hass, quit spending money ;) :D

19. iffy

It looks a great one you have maintained it well.

20. silviaz145

wow.......nice!!!!!!!!!