1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2006 GMC sierra RCSB, 4WD Turbo

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by DAMIENSIEG, Dec 9, 2021.

1. DAMIENSIEG

4:10's its mostly about power band for me. This turbo is going to be in mostly full boost by 3500rpm I "feel" Id rather have more peek hp and come through the traps a bit lower. We will see what the truck likes when its together. 7500 puts me through the traps around 155mph on a 28.5" tire. I should have enough hp for 145-150 at weight which is 4500-4800 I bet. .....Honestly most curious about what this will weigh huge variable I dont really know.

This is of course a shit load of bench racing here, we will see what the truck likes and what it doesn't

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    wht73 likes this.
  2. DAMIENSIEG

Transfer case looks like its in great shape! Good news! We broke it open to install a 2500hd input shaft to accept the 4l80 32 spline unit.

While it was open also installed a billet pump rub kit. This is a diesel mod typically but with how hard we are pushing it, might as well. For 70 bucks it prevents me from having this fluid issue.

[​IMG]#ad

Transfer case in now back together! The new adapter worked mint, the 1500 transfer case bolted right up to the 4l80. Input shaft receiver swap worked perfect as well.

[​IMG]#ad

Went to fit up the rear driveshaft, needed to hang the rear end then realized I ordered the wrong mono leaf. Ordered a s330-44 this is for the earlier trucks. Those use a smaller eye bolt and bushing. Stock bolt wont fit through. I debated hogging out the bushing on a bridgeport and running it, common sense prevailed and called Jegs and they swapped it out for a 3440-44 unit which is correct for my truck.

[​IMG]#ad

Never a dull moment, my own fault. New springs should arrive saturday.

Pro-SC, Disney Lincoln and wht73 like this.
  3. DAMIENSIEG

Leafs swapped out and they are in!

[​IMG]#ad

Installed ARP extended studs

[​IMG]#ad

Now that the rear end is Hung we got the arb kit installed. Went with the Rhodes Race car unit. The rear shock mounts were Atomic fab kit now with the arb setup it made more sense to put it to that bar, instead of the factory mount much better shock angle as well. Pretty much able to get it at 90 degrees going off the new arb bar.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Muffler came in from Herfurth Racing Mufflers 4" vband in and out with stainless in the baffle. Exhaust is gunna be lighhhhhttt. Also the compressor housing came back from being polished.

[​IMG]#ad

Down pipe setup all ceramic coated, the shop that coated it got media in the slip fit joint took forever to get it apart and clean it out.

[​IMG]#ad

Hotside all installed with the wastegate, she is a tight fit but clears all factory stuff!

[​IMG]#ad

Next up is waiting on a couple tabs for the rear and then it gets painted and the The rear frame gets prepped and painted as well.

It's moving along despite parts issues.

4. BlackCoffin

Where did you send your compressor to get it polished?

5. wht73

What's that muffler look like on the inside?

6. DAMIENSIEG

OK updates!

Mounted the derale trans cooler in and finished mounting the suspension

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Drive shaft loop in

[​IMG]#ad

Smith craft assassin traction bars in
    [​IMG]#ad

Front diffs are almost impossible to rebuild, I found a stock 4.10 diff on ebay to match my rear. In the parts washer it goes.

[​IMG]#ad

Copper brake lines installed much cleaner imo
    [​IMG]#ad

Exhaust fabbed
    4" all aluminum, customer aluminum muffler all vband, also a speed engineering 4l80 cross member.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Fuel lines are run -10 feeds and and magnafuel filters. Had to run the pre injector close because there is zero room on the firewall.

[​IMG]#ad

Bed is back on!
    [​IMG]#ad

Didn't want to look at rubber hoses so the radiator got -12 an fittings. Because of that i delete in the inline fill. My solution was a new fill off of the front of the radiator.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Now to intercooler pipe fab. Used alphaloc couplers on the throttle body and midway on the pipe for high boost and easy removal. 4" on the throttle 3" on the pipe.

[​IMG]#ad

Piping is on

[​IMG]#ad

Now that thats done, The meth systems needs mounting and and plumbing. Went with a devils own pump. All devils own jets, These use an fittings and are ptfe. I used the stock washer tank with a filtered bulkhead an. That runs to a check valve and y's to two 800cc nozzle's. Controlled by an aem progressive controller.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Driveshaft came in mild steel unit 49.5" for those who care.
    [​IMG]#ad

Truck now runs perfect. and drives under its won power.
    Line lock, boost controller and meth controller and this thing is ready for the dyno.

Appt is the 21st heres to hoping it puts down a number!

7. Disney Lincoln

Killin it! Looks great!

8. DAMIENSIEG

LOCAL GUY IN MAINE

9. DAMIENSIEG

wht73 likes this.
  10. DAMIENSIEG

Just got this old work truck off the dyno. Street truck full interior with AC
    Just shy of 800whp on a dynocom
    Pump 93 with 1600cc of 70/30 meth
    Stock ecu
    26psi
    13 degrees of timing up top

Made this at 26lbs boost we ran out of map sensor. Currently on a zr1 3 bar and we didn't have much left. Being that Im using meth for actual fueling I didn't want to scale anymore either.

We have about 8lbs left to go but that was enough for the dyno. There is ALOT left in this combo when I’m not on a stock issue ecu. We were picking up 80hp per 4psi. This thing wanted boost, the more we gave it the better it ran. Makes me want to get holley in it asap and run this thing out the back.

Iat’s were pre meth and they were 10 degrees above ambient after a pull. Huron 4” core works great.

This cam also makes the power band awesome. It’s not a dyno queen. Rpm is about 600 off on the dyno. Plateau’s around 4900 stays constant till about 7000 starts to drop slowly after that. Not a ton though,

Currently have an issue with the truck staying in second that we have to figure out. Pretty sure its from the ICT plug and play harness. Realized today the AEM progressive meth controller is a voltage based unit not map based.... that was fun. I need to swap this out as the progressive ramp is pretty hard to toon that way.

Those are on the to do list. Other than that no real drama! It ran great no leaks, nothing exploded. For the record the ceramic coating is the truth. It woks amazing my under hood temps are great. I can touch the hot-side after a pull. We were changing waste-gate springs about 5 min after a pull. Pretty crazy from what I'm used too.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Excuse the rev limiter meth backfire lol
    [​IMG]#ad

11. Pro-SC

I had a customer report back to me after I coated his manifolds with Techline’s Turbo X, “ I drove the car all afternoon and when I got home I opened the hood and could not touch anything on the engine, except the manifolds “. I mentioned that on YB once and some of the people over there did not believe me.
    Your truck has come out great, nice job!

12. PaulC-turbo5.0

This did come together nicely, and didn’t take you very long either! Wondering what ceramic coating you got and if you don’t mind me asking how much it costed to have done? I was considering coating just recently but jet hots pricing almost made me fall off my chair so I just decided to re-wrap. The looks and yours and pro-sc’s description of keeping the heat down sure sounds good.

13. DAMIENSIEG

2000*F cerakote ..... 350 to coat from huron speed. It was wellllll worth it. I wont ever do a hotside again without it, after fighting underhood temps on street cars for years.

wht73 and PaulC-turbo5.0 like this.
  14. DAMIENSIEG

It's the truth, thanks man I'm super happy with it. With that said a holley terminator is in route with backpressure sensor, coolant pressure, fuel pressure and a 4 bar map sensor. Time to lean on this old girl hahaha.

Pro-SC and Disney Lincoln like this.
  15. Twin Turbo Skylark