1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2001 psd mods?

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by fastforward, Jun 8, 2009.

1. fastforward

i ordered that fuel return spring,along with the better turbos compressor wheel. should be here in a few days and will tackel it this weekend. then i will find a way to adjust the wastegate actuator for more boost. hopefully this all helps some. ive notice ive lost some low end power,but also could be from changing the tire size also

2. fastforward

damb. started to change the wheel in the turbo yesterday.all went ok exept for the v-band clamp on the exhaust inlet.tryed to pry it off but nothing. called a place here in arizona STRICTLY DIESEL. the jguy there was alot of help. anyways after turbo was out i made my own waste gate actuator,basically a spring. my question is what should i do with the line going from the selonoid to the wastegate actuator?
    got the new wheel installed and turbo in place.about an hour left to finish it up.

3. Colt

I just left mine open, and unplugged the solenoid on the Y pipe... The solenoid stays closed with the connector unplugged... You could plug the holes in the intake tubing if you want. I was too lazy for that... Hasn't shown any codes, other than when it goes past 26 PSI of boost...

4. fastforward

i purchased an adjustable chip with 4 tunes. on the 100hp race tune, the truck really comes alive. olny problem is egt's get towards 1300 fast. also boost gets higher than i would like. (need to readjust my home-brew wastegate spring thing. does anyone know of an in expensive way to increase fuel pressure like on the dodge fuel pumps, maybe a little better lift pump ,i saw a thread people doing that to the doges. what pressure does the lift pumps run at? also found some people talking about the high pressure oil cross over(or something like that) any one have experience with this?

5. 93PONY

60ish psi stock
    I recently swapped to a Bosch 044 in-line fuel pump (good for tons of power) from a bad stock pump.
    No power increase.
    Tried upping the fuel pressure as well.....no power.

I have a chassis dyno BTW.

More high pressure oil is what we need for these motors....that, injectors that flow more, and more airflow from the turbo.

6. Remote Booster

well idk anout you guys but my 00 f450 psd runs 20psi stock and i have no comp surg under a big load but it may not be stock. with the chip in she runs 25psi it all looks stock even the air box. can sum one post a stock pic of the 7.3 my turbo looks big as hell and dosent look like it has that flap in the dp idk.. :doh:

7. Turbod_86_stang

Don't forget about the 10k mod for the 7.3L PSD's. If you already have a programmer it won't really do anything but if you want like 50hp for 10 bucks google it, it works great!

8. fastforward

can anyone tell me how to correct the camber of my front end. tires are wearing on the outside.last alignment didnt say anything,but lift was new along with tires also. since allignment i installed little longer shackles to lift a little more

9. fastforward

has anyone made or bought traction bars for their truck? what size is the tubing. i just made a set, everyone says the size will be ok but i bent them from just driving on the normal road and freeway. i got 1 1/2"x .120wall. anyone have experience with this would be helpfull. after installing them i did notice less axle wrap!