1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2.3T members, I would like your input

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by fc735, May 5, 2005.

1. mfpmax

Don't see anyone complain about either of them.

2. fc735

it works i guess...but kinda fuggly.

to each their own i guess.

3. mfpmax

Lots of things are fugly and still work...

Such as the 2.3 engine...snicker. Man my engine's ugly.

4. 87-turbo

2.3l

I met a guy at wfc8 in st louis this last weekend. he had a 2.0l and a hy35 and he said it dyno'd at 520hp at the wheels. 30 psi all custom. in a super lightweight mustang it went in the 9s.

5. Racer99

Dont forget Hubers log for an exhaust option.

6. fc735

well, the head is off, being gasket matched to a FORD intake gasket, bowls being worked heavily, the roof being raised, floor cleaning, and the valves unshrouded heavily.

i will have the cc's figured out shawtly, and hopefully the exhaust ports will take being punched out to about 1.35-1.5". i will see how much it can go in a little while.

still working on getting a turbo, basically going to run an HX35 with the divider cut down a few inches and knifedged.

IC choice is still in the air, it will either be the one i mentioned before, or it will be a powerstroke one. i am a Banks dealer at my shop, and i think i have a customer that is gonna get an IC install on his F350, so we will see soon :cool:

i have quite a bit of 1.35-1.5" thick wall tubing and bends, so i think i will make my exhaust manifold. 3" all the way back through two mufflers is the exhaust too. i like quiet a little.

the intake is looking to be a 6" aluminum tube chamber with 1.5" runners about 3-4" long, with a 60mm TB. i was gonna port my stock manifold, but to be honest, i can make a new one in half the time it will take to port this one the way i want to.

junkyard C4 is sitting here getting new clutches and steels, bands, and seals. still working on finding a 2.3 bellhousing and converter also.

managed to gank a 8.8" out of a GT with stock gears for trade of another rearend i had laying around, and a set of 3.55's out of a ford pickup for free too. :D

i think i may have to up the goal though, 400whp for 1500. that is hopefully gonna include the transmission too.

7. Racer99

I just sold(last week) a 2.0 bell,plate and NEW flexplate.All you needed was LeDucs dowels or make them yourself!

8. Racer99

Got a nice ported/knifedged lower for sell.Pics avail.

9. noblofiveoh

so you can run an hy35 on a 2.3 with proper boost control and fuel mods? I think I just found a new daily driver....:D

10. mfpmax

You can run a jet engine if you know how to make it work.

Its not just a bolt on deal...its a bolt on...and screw around with deal :D

11. fc735

if you dont have to fuck with it at least three times a week, its not a turbo ford :drama:

12. mfpmax

Oh crap...

Then whats under my hood:eek:

Then again I only drive it once a week.

13. jamesklyne

I've got a newer style hy35 and stinger header on my xr4ti... it's not a bolton deal... grinding, welding, cutting etc..

14. fc735

there is no such thing as "bolton" true power.

ever. always something else.

waiting on some more sanding rolls to come in for the head now, and waiting for some dude from NC to buy the engine i have sitting here out of my old TA to fund the rest of the work.

15. mfpmax

Get back to posting downpipe pics :D ;)

16. noblofiveoh

scweet...i guess it's off to find a black, low mileage grandma coupe to go with the 'vert.

got any pics of you setups?

17. fc735

this was the old wagon-

right before being sold, i had already removed the FMIC