1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1993 turbo mustang

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by nealysa, Nov 8, 2008.

1. nealysa

Thanks for the insight.

2. nealysa

I went out to start the car and get some more break in mileage on it. Only one loud click heard. The starter is dead. What a PITA to change. It only has 15-20 starts and one 10 mile drive on it. I guess it is bad luck for me and the Hitachi starter. I hate changing these things. :bang:

3. Mike93SVT

sucks about the starter, but just look back at this thread for all teh progress you've made and it will seem like nothing. nice to see it coming together finally for you. when do you plan to have it road worthy and on the rollers?

4. nealysa

You are right, it is almost done. Next week (maybe) the exhaust is being fabricated, the new starter should go in, and I need about 400 more miles to break in the clutch. And then on to the rollers to check the tune.

5. nealysa

New starter in and it started on the first try. After 3 starts and 3 easy times around the block I think the new starter has died! WTF??!!!!!! I am really loosing my patience for this thing right now. :bang:

6. ralfrizzo

stop buying auto zone shit

7. nealysa

Your insight is staggering.

8. Wanderer

Start checking all your ground wires. A lot of electrical problems end up resulting from grounding issues.

9. Mrpeeps81

Sometimes if the exhaust is too close to the starter, it will burn it out. I

10. nealysa

Chased the wires and found the starter power wire was on the hot side of the solenoid causing the starter to continuously run. All better now. :chacha:

11. Mike93SVT

glad you got it figured out. now get that car out and enoy it :2thumbs:

12. nealysa

The 3.5" to full 3" exhaust we made. No real problems installing everything since we took our time. Not bad for my first try.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. nealysa

Well, after getting about 25 miles on the car I heard a ticking which sounded like it was coming from the starter area. This is definitely the opposite of good luck. My engine builder nor I are sure what would cause the engine to break a pushrod and bend all of the others and grind up the rockers. After the engine is broken down further, I hope to know what caused all of this. The engine was never taken over 4000 rpm or beaten on yet. Coil bind and other things I thought would have showed up soon after the initial start or sometime soon after. PTV contact? Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. Shitty!
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. 92_cobra

Ouch!! that really sucks, I bet you were less than thrilled to see all that. :eek:

15. Geddy2112

wow, that really bites. :bang: That is terrible. Hope you figure out what the problems is.

16. 93wannabe

were any of the poly locks tight? if those are tight, i say you have a geometry problem...

17. 84notch

Figure out what the cause was yet?

18. nealysa

Not yet. I want to tear it down with my engine builder and it isn't scheduled until next week. I am guessing the wrong length valves were the root cause.

19. allmotor65stang

i had a problem like that but it only happen to 1 rocker..i took the intake off and found out the lifter BLEW UP.. :eek:..everthing in side the lifer broke and do to that i bent a push rod and cracked a rocker..

20. Flicke

Ever find out what caused that pusrod\rocker debacle??