1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1992 Isuzu pickup Turbo build [UPDATE: New combo page 2]

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by snapc3, May 22, 2009.

1. snapc3

I see your location is Orlando, UCF? I just finished up my engineering senior design project!

The only thing that needs to be changed is the oil pressure sensor that's normally behind the manifold, and some steam port routing. Everything else flipped without an issue. Seems to be pretty common on LS powered sand rails.

2. snapc3

A2W parts
    [​IMG]#ad

Had to change the radiator location, and build a goofy shroud to make a large fan fit.
    [​IMG]#ad

Everything is finally coming together.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. Forcefed86

Looking good!

4. StabbinStevem

Nice to see that you are back on the project. I had to take a 5 year break on mine because of life, but it was worth it in the end. Turbo trucks FTW!

CobraCommander likes this.
  5. tiny4lx

This is a very cool build!!! Good job on it

6. Forcefed86

What happened to this build? Did you ever get it running? Curious how the ZR1 cam works out for you...

7. snapc3

Its crawling along. It runs, dealing with low oil pressure which I believe is due to a pinched oil pickup o-ring. Should be to the track in the near future.

8. snapc3

New oil pickup tube O-ring solved the oil pressure issues. Should be driving soon :thumbsup:

9. Rickracer

KEWL!!! Just looked at this thread for the first time, it's cool to see you are local, I'll see you at OSW soon!!! Currently working on getting a Glide with a brake in my TT355 Vega. 9.99 just isn't good enough.... :grin:

10. snapc3

Update. Truck has been up and running for months now, everything has been working great and it probably has a few thousand street hard miles on it. Hasn't been to the track yet so no numbers. Only snag along the way was forgetting the hood pins, smashing the hood and windshield. :thumbsdown: That's why the hood is primed in the photos.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[video=youtube;1JMZe0k-9Bs][/video]

CobraCommander likes this.
  11. Forcefed86

Excited to see this thing hit the track! Have you had it weighed yet?

12. snapc3

It's in the 3400 range with no driver. Next big change will be ditching the torsion bars for coil overs that should take 100lbs out of it.

13. 92LX-5.8

Funny to look at the change from the first page to the last. What mods did you have done to the aod you ran in the first set up?

14. az92coupe

Awe man, so great to see an update on this thing. I've desperately been wanting to do this to an 01-04 Tacoma. Keep us posted!

15. Forcefed86

16. snapc3

hah yea It has changed a lot. There isn't one bolt on the truck that hasn't been out or changed. The AOD had a stock rebuild, transgo kit and a Revmax non lockup converter in it. I still have it actually, need to sell it.
    Ill have to run by the dump to check it again but that stock weight should be about right. I really did not try to save weight, even added sound deadening and a better stereo. The old 4 cylinder and 5 speed were pretty light compared to an iron LS and 4L80e. Plus a full mild steel cage, s400, 8.8 rear, air to water, ect... These are awesome trucks though. Full boxed frames and a lot more room to work with in the front cross member area compared to an S10.

17. 92LX-5.8

Is it a manual valve body? PM me a price.

18. Forcefed86

This make it to the track yet? Don't make me buy it from you and go race it! :cheers:

19. snapc3

haha. It has been too hot and rainy whenever I have time:thumbsdown:. Ive become less and less concerned with getting it to the track but I'm sure it will go more once the weather gets nicer down here.

20. az92coupe

Bringing this back from the dead.... any updates?