1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1990 MAF sensor with a t70 turbo 5-6 psi I NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 1990 boostang, Mar 8, 2007.

1. 1990 boostang

I appreciate every bodys help.. What kind of mass air do you suggest. Should i go with 24# injectors

2. 1990 boostang

Will a 80mm MAF work that came out of a lincoln

3. rickyhaiber

Sounds like somebody was just messin around with you 1990boostang...

4. turbofreek

god damn it do you not listen to anyone? your not going to be able to use 24lb anythings. 42lb minimum and an AFTERMARKET meter setup for THE larger injectors your going to buy. fuck man do we have to spell it out for you? its been said over and over on these 2 pages. you need to search what to do, cuz your going to break your shit if you dont(.) you dont know anything that is going on under your hood and/or why its there. if you dont realize this stuff then your fucked right from the start. we cant state it any more than , READ, READ, READ, AND READ SOME MORE. the info is here get to it. fuck my build is on here for what ive spent and what didn't/did work that should have. we dont want to be dicks, but you leave little choice when your not searching(we know your not cuz we can tell it). we are trying to save you your hard earned money and maximum frustration that WE have allready been through. if you want all that frustration, by all means dont listen. get 1/8th of the way through your build and we will collect your parts for half what you paid for them. we seen it over and over again and it has/will save us money.

how do you want to do it? easy wasy or hard way?

we are trying to send you down the easest(most economical) path.

5. D347643

hmmmmmm

they dont work? hmm thats weird, i still have them on photobucket.... I'll check on that!

6. rickyhaiber

I agree...

I know some guys are new to adding boost to anything, but that is exactly why they should probably do a little research before they attempt to do it.

I don't understand how people can get started on something and try to learn every single thing as they go along making it difficult. Just do a little readin before you start and the whole build will be a ton easier on you and everyone else.

7. turbofreek

Re: hmmmmmm

what dont work? you got to be specific here. we cant read your mind through typed letters on a monitor. :2thumbs:

8. Lincs 84 351

This says: " I really don't have the money to do this."

That's OK. Just sell what you have and run the car stock.

A boosted car is a lot of fun, but let's be realistic about it, OK?

If you can't afford to buy new back tires every month or two, you can't afford a boosted car. Or anything else that will wear out or break, like a clutch or transmission, or rear end. I'll bet there is 100 guys on this board over the years that built a boosted car, and AS SOON AS the tires were bald or something broke (or the gas tank went dry, LOL!) there is sits.

His photobucket pictures from his build.

9. Shanes93LX

It is possible to get it to work with a stock ECU under $400, in an untuned way - as the way I did (and hopefully won't live to regret it in the future). Actually,

I bought a used 77mm MAF by Pro-M. $75
    I sent to to massairsystems for a re-cal ($140 I think)
    I bought some 42 lb injectors ($240)

That totalled $455 for me, but with these in place, I set the fuel pressure to 50 psi (base) and the timing at 8° initial. So far it has worked fine. The drivability isn't that bad and the wideband checked okay too.

Bottom line, dude, is buy bigger injectors and get a MAF and make sure it calibrates to the injectors you get. This is one of the cheapest ways to do this - we promise. You could also try an FMU, but I occasionally read these are inconsistent...

BTW - if you choose to unplug your MAF, try driving it around for awhile. You'll probably rip your steering wheel off.

10. turbofreek

shane hes saying how did they turbo a car for 400 bucks, not just get a fuel system. if he searched he would know most of the turbo cars dont even run. contrary to whats been spent on them .ol

11. Shanes93LX

ahhhh.. yea it tends to get a bit more expensive than that.

12. Lincs 84 351

Yeah, No shit!
    Even if you got two junkyard T-bird turbos for free, and someone welded all the piping together for free, there's still alot invloved!!

Who the hell built a drivable TURBOCHARGED car for only $400?????

13. DaOnE51T

If they did it probably ran like shit!!!!!!!!!

14. turbofreek

the cheapest i could find, but not in todays prices for sure.
    http://toohighpsi.com/

:D

15. Lincs 84 351

Someone on another thread said Mike Sitar needs to be drug out into the street and shot for making everyone think you can build a low-buck car for ultra cheap and go run 10's!!!

16. turbofreek

:ras:
    well it was bt which most dont relize is cheaper than efi. and he did it before the crazy we have now

17. twinturbo351

You need to spend around 500-600 on a pro tube and some 42lb er's