1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE Twin Turbo build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Disney Lincoln, Jan 14, 2013.

1. stangman9897

Interested in seeing how those turbos work out, you are going to pull the housings and clean them first right.

This keeps reminding me of that song , can't stop driving the Hot Rod Lincoln, hell your probably to young to remember that song. lol

2. Disney Lincoln

I've heard the story of the Hot Rod race where the Fords and the Lincolns was setting the pace.

3. Disney Lincoln

4. mustang-junky

No pic?

Jess

5. Disney Lincoln

6. jetjoe

Which ebay seller did you go with?

7. hy35f2t

pnp = plug and play? how much did that run you if you dont mine me asking?Im picking up another lincoln mark 7 and thinking of doing a turbo build on the stock motor and would like to use stand alone on this one not convert it to maf like my other one. Nice car though def sleeper.

8. Disney Lincoln

Built and installed the MS today. It runs!!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1359867956011.jpg #ad

uploadfromtaptalk1359867990596.jpg #ad

uploadfromtaptalk1359867956011.jpg #ad

uploadfromtaptalk1359867990596.jpg #ad

9. Disney Lincoln

UPDATE:

Been tuning on the MS. I'm in love. That's all I can say about that. My last frolic with MS was when MegaTune was the thing. I guess it's been a while! This Tunerstudio is the cat's ass!! Car runs better than ever. Still working small issues on start up, but that's about it. Drives perfect, WOT is perfect.

I had bought a second hand Lentech VB off here years ago. Back in 2009 I was working on building a 4R70W for the car and sent this off to geth reworked and such. Well... I haven't finished the 4R project but I decided to go ahead and stick in the VB and the A servo. A servo was an absolute mother trying to install in the car! I ended up making a press that bolts to the trans and was then able to crank the servo up in there. Fired it up and noise. Not good. Messed with it for a bit and it's not working right. Drop it back down and have some part out of the VB laying in the pan. SEnding the VB back to that guy to get reworked again... FML.

I haven't got the new turbos yet, waiting to hear something back from teh ebay seller. I wish somebody state side would sell these ebay turbos. Scares the shit out of me dealing with somebody in China on those things. I would hate to get ripped for $500.

10. BenC

Have you looked at the turbos Amazon sells? I figure they're the same thing as the ebay turbos, but fulfilled by Amazon so at least you know that they'll ship and show up when they're supposed to.

11. Forcefed86

Sorry to hear your luck. I feel bad for suggesting those guys! My china 72mm was on the doorstep in less than a week after purchase. This was from CXracing.

12. Disney Lincoln

Don't feel bad. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I need to try contacting them again and see what's up. They have great rating on ebay..

13. Rickracer

My experience dealing with cxracing was quite good, I actually got somebody on the phone that went out in the warehouse, opened a box, and read me the numbers off the housing to make sure I was getting the match to the turbo I already had, then they got it to me in about 4 days from Cali to Florida. Same deal with v-band clamps I bought from them, 4 days from order to delivery, :thumbsup:

14. Disney Lincoln

15. stangman9897

You just lost your card , your no longer allowed to participate in any ON3 threads. lol jfwy

16. Disney Lincoln

If they didn't work so well on everybody else's cars I would be worried, BUt these China turbos seem to be working pretty good.

And With the problems i've had out of my buddies PT 61mm..... PT can suck a caulk, i'll stick with China.

17. Minor Threat

It's a shame you couldn't get them with a 4 bolt exhaust. Oh well, let us know how they work!

18. Disney Lincoln

You can get then that way. I have 5bolt dp's already.

19. Disney Lincoln

Turbos came in today!!! I am SOOO relieved!

They look.... HUGE! Compared to my lil old T3's these look huge. I'll have to do some extra trimming to fit these compressors in the inner fenders compared to the old ones.

I'll hopefully get them apart tonight so I can inspect for debris or any issues.

20. Minor Threat

Ah, that explains everything.