1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1989 Silverado Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by craig6.9diesel, Mar 5, 2011.

1. craig6.9diesel

Re: 1989 Silverado

Thats probably why I got rid of my T/A. It was apart more then it was together! haha I had it 5 years and I think I drove it like 4,000 miles. The truck should run real good with the mods I am doing even N/A...

2. jessmeistertc

GGeezus Kiley, u are as bad as me when it comes to changing your mind.

3. craig6.9diesel

You know me Jesse, I have to do what I can with very little money... So I am trying to figure out how to do this with out over spending and still doing it right...

4. watahyahknow

learning the system first is allso a good way to prevent things from going boom too fast , once you have a good N/A baseline dailing it intoo boost is getting safer too as long as you take little steps you should be able to keep the airfuel ratio in the safe zone and not rattle up the pistons

5. CW25

I really like the MSII on my truck and have had it for a few years. I haven't even used the new VE analize live and it was still pretty easy. I am now converting to EDIS-8 and that is proving to be more of a pain setting up the tone wheel than anything.

6. craig6.9diesel

I like to think I can figure it out... I had a problem with my board when I was building it... I think I overheated the TSEL or something in that circuit, I had to send it out to get it fixed. I was supposed to get it back today but the mail lady desided she didnt want to get out of her car. She left the sorry I missed you note in my mail box. The funny thing is I was sitting in the living room all morning. O well I guess I will go pick it up at the post office in the morning....

7. craig6.9diesel

I got the MS2 back and plugged it into my computer and everything works like it should! Sucks cause work has me going to Vegas for the next 3 weeks so I cant really start on the wiring. I may anyways my wife will just have to be pissed at me.... hahaha

8. watahyahknow

she has 3 weeks to cool back down when youre gone

9. craig6.9diesel

I try not to get her riled up... She is 2 and a half months pregnant with our first kid... and its been ruff for us and her especially.

10. watahyahknow

whooo nothing beats the wrath of a pregnant woman , its good she not so far along with you away from home , when she get near the end she her wants and needs will increase with her inability to move around as eazy as she used to .
    besides you want to be there when youre kid gets born

11. 1BAD6T6

Ha! I know that's right. I enjoyed it so much I went back for a second round. :D Its awesome in the end though. I have a 3 year old son that loves to wrench on the "vroom-vroom". Best of luck to you and the Mrs.

12. craig6.9diesel

Hopefully I will be here when it is born! I get to go play in the big sand box next summer... I hope I dont miss to much while I am over there... Thats why I am building my truck and trying to get it done asap... I know how stuff changes when kids are in the picture...

13. watahyahknow

daipers have a way to eat through a full wallet in an alarming pace , you right finishing it now

14. craig6.9diesel

A pic of my ZX14 just for fun

005.jpg #ad

15. blown385

I cant seeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

16. watahyahknow

i see it just fine , are you by any chance are on a company computer? if so they mightve blocked out the website its on

17. blown385

I see it now , but it wasnt there before .

18. craig6.9diesel

some more pics of my intake while it was apart

136.jpg #ad

135.jpg #ad

19. craig6.9diesel

Heres a pice of my big body Buick... Got hit in the rear end and totaled or I would probably building it instead of my truck... Best pass with it was 14.20s... needed gears bad went through the traps in second gear hahaha. It would hit the limiter in second at 109mph funny thing was it has a speed limiter at 110... That thing was good times and it would drift forever... And I would buy another in a minute!

070.jpg #ad

20. craig6.9diesel

I went 9.31 at 151 on that thing like 2 years ago. Its a blast usually I run 9.6s on the back wheel halfway down the track! I miss drag racing the bike may have to do it again before the summer is over.