1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1989 LX 347 True Street/Drag Week GT5294

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by mcj50, Jan 11, 2009.

1. nj636

want me to bring the Pro Stars back.. with my car ?

you can do your alignment and I can use the 2 post & Hobart to finish my exhaust :hand:

2. mcj50

I am going to ping the wheel guy and see where he is.

You are welcome to come over and hang out and do some work on your car. When I am doing the alignment is actually a perfect time because I will have the blue car on the other lift.

The hobart wasn't feeding wire when I tried it out. I called and they think a wire came off inside when shipping. I didn't check it yet. It is under warranty one way or the other.

3. nj636

Mikes new turbine for Bradenton sighted

[​IMG]#ad

4. ducatibrian

Lmao, just the first of many from Jose!

5. 93AlexCoupe

Thats the new etrhov7.7 40.2 quick spool a/r housing. Lol sorry mike i had to.

6. FLBoostAddict

As we speak, he's trying to figure out how to fit it under the hood.

7. Gen1SVE

The good news is, it appears he finally gave up the T-4 foot print.

8. mcj50

No sir, t4 88 back on the car.

I am working through my task list methodically. Not having rear wheels is slowing me up.

9. 93AlexCoupe

The cartel beadlocks looks nice, good price too.
    I guess the holiday weekend isnt helping either

10. mcj50

There is just a process involved in custom wheels, he cnc's the wheel center and then sends it out for polishing. Not a big deal, it is just helping me focus on other things.

11. mcj50

[​IMG]#ad

These are the wheels I got but in full polish on the centers and beadlocks and with polished stainless ARP bolts.

Joe at cartel helped get the backspace right as well as the brake clearance for the Baer brakes. I think we got the measurements dead on right down to the right spacers for the 5/8 wheel studs.

They should match the magnum 2.0 fronts well.

12. 93AlexCoupe

Wow that looks really nice. So the barrel or the center isnt a weld wheel, its made by them?

13. mcj50

My understanding is wheel barrels are only made by a couple of companies. Cartel orders the wheel halves in the combination that will work for your backspace. They are machining the centers and beadlock rings on their CNC and then doing the welding for the beadlocks in house. In my case they are also making some spacers contoured to the wheel center to clear the brakes and also making spacers for the lugs so it all works as a package.

Tailored customer service as opposed to buying an off the shelf wheel --- and it ended up being less then a comparable weld would have been in terms of dollars.

I probably don't need double beadlocks but figured this would be the time to do it.

Mike

14. TDmkr496

Wow Mike, that's a beautiful wheel!!

15. ducatibrian

Killer looking there sir and with your usual attention to detail!

16. nj636

very nice wheel can't wait to see it on the car!

17. mcj50

18. mcj50

Posting this here --- anybody looking for a pit bike --- I have a near new 09 CRF70F that I pickd up and don't know what to do with. Has rebuilt carb, fresh plug and fresh fuel. Auto clutch 3 speed, everything works.

19. mcj50

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. FLBoostAddict

New rolling stock looks great Mike. When its ready, post a picture of the overall car sitting back on the ground.

bridal-shoal