1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1986 Caprice Coupe Twin Turbo DIY Build (update July 2008)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by FlyingSkull, Feb 9, 2007.

1. FlyingSkull

Re: 1986 Caprice Coupe Twin Turbo DIY Build (update May 2007)

Thanks for the comments, right now I am working out a fueling issue. Might be a clogged filter... should have it sorted out this weekend.

2. Chacata

Nice project. Me have some 5 speed 4 door caprice classic boey haha those donks are just crazy. Seriously i have a 5 speed caprice 4 door with a nwc t5 trans that as soon as i get tinkering with the engine will be swapped with a t56. I´m plannig to do a sngle turbo engine minor suspension mods (did you know these cars can actually handle?) and brakes and stuff. It´s a different and fun car to have.

Good luck with yours.

3. FlyingSkull

Some new updates:

I have installed an intank BBK 255 lph pump and a new sending unit from the later FI Caprice models. It is working great. No more fuel starvation. On a quick test run last night I was easing into the throttle and seeing 5lbs boost with not much effort. The tires acted pretty greasy ;).

I have M&H 275/50/17 drag radials on the way, as well as Spohn rear suspension parts coming in the mail.

I just installed SSBC slotted rotors and dual piston calipers last night. Great braking performance and a good $$$.

4. FlyingSkull

Some new pics. Just recently got it to go rich under boost with the BG Mighty Demon! What a fight with that carb. Changed the hat to a single inlet, looks cleaner still quite a bit to tweak on. Lots and lots of go! The M&H tires bite very nicely!

Crappy cam phone pics of new setup...

5. FlyingSkull

More Pics

6. loweredd

:doh:Holy cow man! I don't know how I missed this! It looks like you have a crap load of room between the engine and fan. :2thumbs:

7. FlyingSkull

Yeah these big cars are good for that, lots of room.

Its a bit tight for the down pipe on the driver side however, the brake booser and master are close, as well going between the steering arm and header. I am probably goiing to go to a front mount turbo setup, Its really packed in by the headers so its hard to tighten bolts and get at a few things. But it worked well for a first try/home build setup.