1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1980 C10 SINGLE TURBO BUILD

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by sldpulr, Jan 25, 2018.

1. sldpulr

I see the little head phone jack deal. I didn't realize the cable you sent me a link to was from the serial port connection to the lap top. I was thinking it was the other way around. Ill be ordering one of those for sure.

Thanks

2. sldpulr

So Ill be firing the truck up this week once my injectors arrive. I have completed the megasquirt wiring but I have not hooked up the 02 wire yet. I would assume that it is necessary for tuning but thought I would ask. Can someone point me in the right direction for a simple install 02 sensor.

3. Mnlx

A wide band is a must for boost. If you haven't bought one yet, I really like the AEM setup, its simple to hookup, and i've never had an issue with one. I've never had any luck with the innovate, and personally wouldn't buy one at this point.

4. 91turboterror

+1 on the aem wideband

5. sldpulr

6. 91turboterror

Injector adapters to make up for the height difference in height do exist . Or you can get the truck injector which are the right height

7. Mnlx

You'll need hats with the hi-ram. They're very common with the 210's.

8. sldpulr

9. Mnlx

I believe those are correct, but you may want to double check by installing a rail, or checking the Holley site.

10. 91turboterror

11. sldpulr

I called holley, either height adapter hat will work since the holley high ram has two different mounting locations for the fuel rails.

Thank you guys for the help. Im hoping to start it this weekend.

12. Mnlx

Edit, I see you found your answer.

13. sldpulr

Just wanted to post that the link above is incorrect. I didnt want anyone to get any wrong info so I thought I should share.

If you want the bosh 210 injectors to be truck injector height use these.

https://store.custombuiltmotors.com...-ls3-to-truck-height-injector-spacer-kit.html

If you want the bosch 210 injectors to be LS1 height use these.

https://store.custombuiltmotors.com...3-ls7-lsa-ls9-to-ls1-injector-spacer-kit.html

These are a much better price than the ebay ones anyways.

If anyone else is having injector mounting issues with the holley high ram you can also go this route.

https://www.holley.com/products/intakes/intake_components/parts/300-230

Just trying to add some useful info since you guys have been such a huge help. Everything should be here on Thursday so hopefully ill be able to start it soon. (minus the intercooler plumbing)

14. sldpulr

View attachment 677788 #ad
    27.jpg #ad
    I was able to get the fuel cell mounted, return plumbed in, roll over check in, upper radiator hose on, throttle body on, throttle backet, WOT swtich and the billet battery tray in. Still need to figure out what to do to the alternator. I think the bearings in this one are toast so I figured Id just buy a 1 wire with a 5 rib pulley and make a bracket.

1966Mustang likes this.
  15. Traction Issuez

Did you mount the tank with the sump facing forward so it runs out of fuel when you stab the gas? There's a 1 wire plug for a normal truck or LS alternator.

sldpulr likes this.
  16. sldpulr

Lmao. Yup.......

Thank you for pointing that out. Glad I kept the piece I cut out.

This is my first time doing any of this so I'm learning here. Bare with me guys.....

17. Ruthless_Roy

Are you going to wrap those headers..??

18. sldpulr

Im still undecided on wrapping the headers but most likely. I bought enough to do them I just need to yank them back out.

19. sldpulr

Just thought I'd give an update. I finished the fuel system and was able to start the engine for the first time. I do need some advice on the fuel pumps though.

I'm running dual 400lph AEM pumps, dual 10an feed lines to the filters then dual 10 an lines to each pump, then dual 8an after the pumps to a "y" fitting then 10 an to the rails, and a 10 an return to the top of the tank. My question is should I make one of the fuel pumps boost referenced or kick on at a cretin RPM? Currently I just have one of the fuses pulled.

Is there a way to use one of the spare wires in the micro squirt to control the second fuel pump?

20. Traction Issuez

Having a pump on demand is a tricky approach. If it works like it's supposed to it's great, if not, you'll come up short when it matters most. Now with that said, the megasquirt can kick on an alcohol pump at a certain boost pressure so it can certainly do the same with an additional fuel pump. In fact, it could probably kick on both at the same time if needed.