1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

Re: 1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

awesome numbers Dude, congrats :2thumbs:

2. fiero1985

thanks

3. Nice Chevelle

Great job....man that thing sounds so smooth on that pull. Huge props to your tuner.
    Good luck with your track runs. cant wait to see what it does.

:2thumbs:

4. fiero1985

5. TDmkr496

Any updates??

6. fiero1985

Have not been the most forgiving summer for me to get the car out but was able to get the car to the track for its first outting on a local track rental day

Learned some stuff and have plenty of adjustments and want to raise the boost but right around 10psi leaving off the footbrake the car went 10.53@147mph. The car comes to life about the 330 mark. It went 2.2 60ft so I know once I can build some boost at the line and leave off the transbrake Ill be shaving some serious time!

Heres the gopro vid from that run

http://youtu.be/v0eBYB1mdLE

7. Nice Chevelle

Again ...huge props to you bro!
    Cool video...2.2 60 ft ..... just gently starting the run and then BAMB !!! Boooost.... hahaha sounds awesome and must be a wild run to hit 147mph.
    Keep at it.....thanks for keeping the thread updated.
    :cheers:

8. BlownShovel

Haha awesome. Turtles fat off the lime and then spools, cleans up and shoots off. Great vid showing plenty of potential!

9. fiero1985

Thanks guys, still learning but looking forward to getting better with the car and getting into the nines next

10. BlownShovel

Autocorrect was winning in my previous post. Great vid. Like lighting a cannon... Split second and then bamm hold on as once it's lit she is gone!

Btw what track?

11. fiero1985

National Trail Raceway here just outside Columbus Ohio. Its only like 5-10 miles from my house so its the closest 1/4mile

12. BlownShovel

If the local rental ever happens again I'll pay double . It's a few hours but any rental is way better than bracket Hell. Worth the money to get several passes.

13. racerdain

I may have missed it, but what EFI system are you using?

14. fiero1985

yeah the club does it like 2-3 times a year Ill let you know for sure.

Im using stock 411 pcm with a techrods harness. HP Tuners SD Tune and 160 injectors along with a waterman cable drive pump and weldon reg

15. racerdain

Kick ass, thanks. Great build, thanks for sharing

16. fiero1985

Went out tonight for 1/8 mile test and tune. Still leaving soft on the footbrake with no boost from the line went 6.42@120. Im not really up on the conversion stuff but from my research that is around a 10.08 1/4mile but the mph should be done in 8's?

I know they say to multiply your mph by 25% to achieve your 1/4 mile mph so it should of been 150s

60ft best was still a 1.9

This week Ill spend sometime and get the trans brake hooked up and 2 step and see if I cant launch the car this next weekend during some 1/4mile test and tune action.

17. fiero1985

Well last night I went ahead and wired up the trans brake and the 2 step, I set it to 3400 and this morning went out and switched it on and built 5lbs with ease on the wastegate spring with no c02. I released it and of course it blew the tires off but it was cool to see it work and I am looking forward to this sunday if weather holds to get it into the 9s.

18. bumblebee

Good Luck! :)

I'm sure you will hit the 9's

19. fiero1985

Spent a couple bucks today and stepped it up to some afco double adjustable to get rid of my 3 ways out back. Gonna install them tomorrow, they are just so beautiful. Currently saving my pennies and nickles to do the same upfront. Changing to afco double adjustable bnc shocks and going back to a coil spring.

[​IMG]#ad

20. BYBYLS1

I have a pair of the Afco double adjustable "Big Gun" coilovers on the back and a pair of double adjustable Chris Alston's Vari-strut coilovers in the front of my Foxbody Coupe. I can honestly tell you that you will not be disapointed with your Afco purchase! They really do kick ass! The biggest improvement in my suspension besides the anti-roll bar was the double adjustable Afco's! Nice progress by the way! Your car kicks so much ass!