1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Beatdown Z

Re: 1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

SICK! :rock2:

2. 69 OMEN CAMARO

sooooo clean, love the plates, keep it up!

3. BYBYLS1

Keep up the great work buddy, you're almost there!! Everything looks top notch and is cleanly done! I do have a question for you though. Are the red and black hose fittings that you have under the hood the ones that Jegs sells under their name? I've had my eye on those for a long time and if they are in fact the Jegs fittings I'm going to pull the trigger on buying all of those fittings for my project! Have a great day-- Justin W.

4. fiero1985

thanks guys those are the ones that are labeled with jegs name

5. Gearhead559

Damn dan.. nice stuff.. lmk when you take it to brian and get it tuned. i gotta see this
    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

6. fiero1985

Another monumental day for me, the car for the first time in almost 2 years started and drove out of the garage on its own power.

I changed out my s10 mastercylinder for a aluminum early vette master that is for disc/disc manual. I made new lines putting an adjustable prop valve in the rear circuit as well as a 10psi residual presure valve. I plumbed the front brakes with the hurst line lock. got them all bled and started filling up the transmission. I fired it up put it in gear and got it out into the driveway to clean the year old dirt off of it and snap a couple progress photos.

The car needs alot of work on the tune still due to it being a base file but Turner is coming over on weds to work on it a bit more and maybe cruise it around the block a few times before its ready to get an alignment then goto the dyno for some real tuning.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. BOOSTEDROK

nice work!! :bow: now where can i purchase one of those cornfed stickers??

8. fiero1985

**************** DYNO UPDATE ****************************

Got the car out to Dyno Tune Motorports today and got it on the rollers, Brian spent some time perfecting the VE tables and making sure everything was safe. We started with the wastgate spring on the JGS 60mm gate and it was able to get down to 2.5 psi! it made around 400 at the tire with the pressure.

We began adding small amounts of boost and the car loved it, by the time we got to 15psi we were around 850 and it began blowing the spark out. Put some new plugs in and tightened the gap, put 2 more psi of boost in it

And that netted us 928/973 just at 17psi. The car makes 900 across the board and is was a damn beast on the dyno. Brian really made the tune his bitch.

We settled with that for the day, pretty awesome that the AMS 500 was able to control the boost very well with co2, from 2.5psi to 17psi. We will be adding 3 more psi of boost and get the car well over 1000 in the coming month. Just going to get some time in it the way it sits, we made plenty of pulls today so I figured we could give it a break.

Here is the graph will post vid late tonight or tommarow. BTW injectors are only 88% duty cycle.

E85 ftw.

Thanks again Brian, the car is a damn beast cant wait to put some miles on it. Going to go through everything tomorrow and change fluids, car just starts up with so much ease and has amazing response

car was only pulled to 6300

[​IMG]#ad

9. BYBYLS1

Congrats on the nice numbers! That lil nova is definitely going to fucking mph at the track with that power and torque curve! I know that you have to be so excited to get that beast out to the track and start figuring the car out. Once you get the chassis all sorted out that thing is gonna fly! You have a beautiful car and one helluva build! Keep up the great work--Justin

10. fiero1985

thanks man I am looking forward to it. I know on the dyno we saw speeds of around 170 :chacha:

a few pics from today while I work on the vid

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. fiero1985

12. BYBYLS1

Now that's what I'm talking about! That thing is putting down some nice numbers! And the tune sounds nice an clean :chacha: :2thumbs:

13. denmah

sounds awesome! great work!

i love seeing results

14. dug

god damn that thing is a beast. Sounds awesome too. any more close ups of how the hot side is routed?

15. turboventura

nice man! ready to see some passes

16. Turbo Drag Radial

love the build....glad to see you using E85....its awesome

17. BlownShovel

Great job guys. Plenty put out with more to come! Any plans for a track day?

18. fiero1985

I want to for sure, I just have so much to learn

I have so much chassis adjustment between shocks settings and spring rates then pinion angles and shock settings out back, then of course ramp rates of boost along with dialing in the 2 step with use of transbrake...phew

once thats done at current power levels I see me using up my 8.50 cert easily. The tune in the car is super safe, brian made sure of it. I will proly add 2-3 more pounds of boost to get to the 1000+ club but thats just a personal goal.

19. Mustangbrad94gt

this should be in the hall of fame in my book, top notch work their buddy :2thumbs:

20. fiero1985

thanks man, means alot...I put alot of time in this and tried to document as much on here as possible