1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. denmah

Re: 1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. 2turbonova

Works great looks ugly though no offense ill probably end up going that route too

3. TDmkr496

Man what a great build, keep up the good work!

4. BYBYLS1

im a ford guy as you can tell by my screen name......but i really like your build and the direction that its headed

5. denmah

oh no doubt about it, but you could make it pretty'er and get them coated or something and not have the piping look like shit like ours.

i am just saying, if you want to use them they can be flipped and worked like this no issue.

6. fiero1985

thanks for the kind words...

Been getting some detail stuff taken care of before final assembly. I sent all of my cold side parts, down pipe and turbine housing to Nitro Plate in Tennessee. After all my searching these guys have unmatched quality finish and thermal protection.

[​IMG]#ad

I also found a guy who does powder coating and it is the best I have seen and his prices are phenomenal. Everything I have coated will now goto this guy, he is not local to me which sucks, but to be honest shipping this stuff is worth it. Some of the stuff I sent him was new and some things were either nasty or powder coated prior. He did real nice prep on it.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Here is the engine with assembled bottom end, should be completely together next week and hopefully by first of feb it will be all in the car and I can get the fuel system plumbed and wiring finished and hit the rollers.

[​IMG]#ad

7. fiero1985

Been a few weeks since an update, just started getting back to it, and kind of on a roll so really hope to see a tune in the car by the first of april, we will see.

All the coated stuff came back, cold side and down pipe along with turbine housing went to nitro plate. The other stuff was powder coated by Killer Koatings. I got the forged 370 all assembled and put into the car. got the fuel rails plumbed up front and coolant,breather and throttle body stuff mostly assembled and installed.

Over the next couple weeks I will have the feed and return plumbed for the fuel system and hopefully the trans lines. I have some new wilwood brakes to install and then get the trans back in the car.

My last thing to do will be wiring and after that the car should be all ready for the tune.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. denmah

damn dude that is beautiful work!

DAMN! :2thumbs:

9. fiero1985

thanks man I have a goal to get the car tuned by april right now. I think it is possible just got to keep the progress up. this week is a bust due to putting a cam in my buddys gto

10. denmah

i am sure you cant wait till he says, oh man my mileage went to shit

11. fiero1985

Slow progress as usual but the trans is back in with the new ptc converter and braided lines from the remote cooler to trans. All the feed line and return fuel line is installed. Installed some new wilwood brakes up front and bought new aluma star wheels for the front. At this point all that is left is to hook up the shifter cable, make the spark plug wires and run the battery cables....and install the wiring harness.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. Mustangbrad94gt

X2 8)

13. T.J. 87-GT

Very cool build.

14. fiero1985

Well lots of progress has been made but much of it is just alot of minor stuff not worthy of photographing.

My wiring skills are shit but for me I am proud of some of the stuff I have been working on. I wired the fuel pumps and the cut off switch along with mounting the yellow top. The fuel pump relay is a leash board and is pretty sweet looking.

Made the plug wires and got them routed to the remote mount coil packs

I now have power to the cockpit and all the exterior lights. Time to start wiring the gauges, 3 step, trans brake and boost controller. At this point depending on my mood and free time I would hope to have it ready for a tune here in a couple weeks.

Some pics of the trunk wiring and then a layout idea of a control board I want to make to put between the trans tunnel and the dash for ease of adjustments and lack of another place to put it and make it look clean. going to do some measurements in the morning and cut that abs plastic to fit the best I can

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. denmah

oh that relay block is titties

16. TDmkr496

I second that! Who makes them?

17. fiero1985

both blocks are from leash

18. 87gn@tahoe

this is an awesome project.

I'm in the same boat as you with wiring. I hate electrickery.

19. fiero1985

Here is a first start up vid of the nova. Its is merely a base tune file to get it to start and listen and look for leaks. I need to get the mastercylinder back on the car and bleed the brakes so we can get some road tune time and get the car aligned then put it on the rollers.

It is a very proud moment for me I have spent countless hours and way too much money but its starting to pay off for me to see it light off.

http://youtu.be/0WvgL_jH3Yw?hd=1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WvgL_jH3Yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Mustangbrad94gt

congrats on fire up, sounds great :chacha: