1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Centrifuge

Re: 1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

keep the thread updated for when you run, i am not to far and would like to see it :2thumbs:

2. BoostedNova72

I'd love to come see it run when its done. Badass build man.

3. BlownShovel

Post up when the time comes. I believe I will be in Columbus the second weekend of June.

4. fiero1985

thanks guys I should be putting the motor in weds, progress slowed a little due to the new purchase of a 91 bmw turbo 5.0

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. Centrifuge

Love it! :2thumbs: more info please!
    Thanks

6. pokerface

baller! x2 on more info...

7. fiero1985

its a 91 e30

89 shortblock
    Aluminum GT40 heads
    stock cam
    1.7 roller rockers
    cobra upper/lower
    Tial Wg/BOV
    Bullseye S472 turbo
    RPM built C4
    2.92 gears

made 530whp on 13lbs

car has been 10.70s at 138 could use a trans brake but its just a fun street car :chacha:

8. Centrifuge

sounds like a fun street car, those are some good ET's for a small tire :chacha:

9. pokerface

mini tubs and 275s to the front!!

10. fiero1985

Well had a couple road blocks, the more I read about my oil pan choice I thought it was not best for my ground clearance and mount choices so I ordered a sheet metal pan from autokraft, its pretty nice with those trap door baffles. I finished getting the motor all bolted together and ready to set into the car. I am still on the fence clearance wise with my headers. I love the flow and looks but may have to get some stock valve covers, the tubes are very close to the valve covers.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. turboventura

Looks clean, since your just mocking up I imagine you don't have a copper/soft gasket on there, maybe that will be enough to make you feel better :)

12. watahyahknow

those headers look a bit like the ones they use on drag and skiboats

13. fiero1985

Well engine is in! I was a little worried, the more I would read about people installing Lsx into x-bodys people had tons of problems with the mounts and oil pan clearance. I am very happy I spent the money on the autokraft sheetmetal pan. The clearance from crossmember to floor is great and there is plenty of space between pan and crossmember. And the ebay 1" setback plates worked great as well. Its time to start on the hotside, I kind of wish I would of went the twins route but I have to many parts to turn back now.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. Centrifuge

:2thumbs: looks sick!

why do you wish u would have gone with the twins??

15. fiero1985

the look factor...lol and I think the hot side would be easier given the header setup, but I am looking forward to the hotside being done.

16. plywood

This is awesome I am right behind you just started my build, I am kind of opposite though as I,m doing modern chassis and suspension, and first gen carb motor with twin turbos :D :2thumbs:

17. davidjalb

God I love this website, just filled with sick builds. I can't believe what that motor looked like before and after.

18. van383

well this thread kinda dies out where the rest of the build pics?

19. fiero1985

The motor was just installed a couple weeks ago... This stuff takes time. Hope to have hotside done around 1st of june

20. van383

i know you changed your mind on headers, but what was your plan on manifolds for pass and driver due too the rear steer on these cars? not really wanting the straight up look that i have seen with the sweeping 90 turn dead center of vc... ideas.. my 5.3 ones not looking good... also tried some fbody stuff and no luck, thanks