1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. turbo_72nova

Re: 1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

thanks thats is what i planned to do but was wondering if it was worth it. still would like pics though.

2. fiero1985

will get pics together for you this weekend. did you pm me over on bullet for the wbody manifolds and crossover?

3. turbo_72nova

just seen this. yeah that was me. i was hopint they would have fit but i was told they run either into or to close to the alternator if you run the truck accessories

4. pokerface

Where did you get the engine? Do you have a phone number for them?

5. fiero1985

Engine was from deer creek salvage yard south of columbus ohio.

Some changes to the build. I bought a set of stainless lsx turbo headers and ditched the factory manifold approach. and also had a custom grind turbo cam spec'd and got some new valve springs. Seems like I have seen a couple of these engines with e85 make around 700whp. So that is now my goal. I figure with this setup I will either put rods and pistons in this block next winter or do a 6.0 with rods and pistons along with the same components matched to a pte-88 and go 8's

here are the headers I just picked up
    [​IMG]#ad

6. milkovich

Great build, love the junkyard theme.

Are those headers from Stainless works?

7. turbo_72nova

hasn't been junkyard for a while now

8. fiero1985

yeah they are the lsx up and forward headers

9. fiero1985

Progress has been a little on the slow side due to some parts issues. I am only waiting on some pushrods at this point to get the motor all the way ready to go in. So I have been doing some finish work on the firewall and then got the interior back together here are the latest and greatest photos. My goal is to have the engine in the car in 2 weeks and then get the car back out to the fab shop to have my hotside crossover and coldside made up.

Got cage painted,new carpet installed, new cover on rear seat, bolted seats in and installed harnesses

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. 302coupe

looks sick man love the interior!

11. pokerface

wheres the shifter and what u using?

12. Centrifuge

This is really turning out nice! What seats are those?

13. brandoz28

very very nice build!!!!! turbo 5.3 builds are getting popular

14. watahyahknow

im suprizd there still a lot of differences in setups and turbo's used for the builds you would immagine that when there so mush of these engines being converted people get better results with certain mixes and they build ontoo those results

15. turbo_72nova

the set ups are different but kinda the same 5.3+ boost(turbo)= good cheap reliable horsepower

16. fiero1985

Hey thanks guys I have a b&m ratchet shifter but may go back to a hurst shifter again not sure right now. The seats are jegs brand, they are super comfortable for what they are and I like the look. I am hoping to get the engine in the car by next tues/weds. stay tuned for more pics and updates. :welder:

17. Centrifuge

18. turbo_72nova

those same seats can be purchased at checkers/orileys for $150. checker part number FML100.

Edit: jegs and summit uses the same part number. buy in town and save money. no shipping

19. BoostedNova72

Noticed the ohio plates... where do you run at?

20. fiero1985

Those are the same seats at jegs, alot of people market them, I waited till summit had them on sale for 13x.xx and had jegs match the price since I live in columbus, jegs is just about 8-9 miles from my house.

I live minutes away from national trail raceway so I am sure once the car finally gets to the running point I will be out there with it, but I plan on going to a few different tracks in the region