1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build 1017rwhp/1019 rwtq

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by fiero1985, Dec 21, 2010.

1. fiero1985

thanks, I still taking myself to suspension school and learning what I can. I spoke with Jay@AFCO and he gave me some great insight and some baseline compression and rebound settings. They should go great with my calvert stuff out back. Im going to rock the single adj fronts for a bit and play with the limiters if need be to see what I can get done. If I run out of adjustments Ill be switching to a double up front.

Most big power radial guys I talk to just seem to run the front tight as fuck and worry about making the rear work. If I can just get it to plant this weekend and knock off a good mid to low 9 sec pass Id be very happy. Anything more than that would just be icing on the cake for sure.

2. fiero1985

Went to National Trails today and only got two passes in, the first one somehow my throttle body boot popped off and it was over. The 2nd and last run I brought the 2 step in with the transbrake and left around 4-5lbs of boost. The car instantly blew the tires off and slid sideways for the first 100-120 ft then I peddled it to a 9.80@145. I am mounting these afcos this week and going to go back next week. No video becuase my damn sd card was full on the gopro :(

here is the slip

hope to get the car to 60ft around 1.2-1.3 and bring the boost in without slipping around to get an 8 sec pass before the year is out...

[​IMG]#ad

3. Kwik92GT

Going to love those AFCOs when you get 'em sorted out. Def going to be 150+ out the back door when you get it hooked up IMO. Nice build. :2thumbs:

4. slimbobaggins

Just read this thread... what a beautiful car and an inspiring ls build. Do you have any hi-res photos of the car online? The monocle effect of the turbo is icing on the cake of awesomeness. I'd love to add a couple good photos to my round-robin of desktop car photos.

I'm assuming you cruise in the car, it having plates and all. How do you get away with a single headlight, from a legal standpoint?

5. BYBYLS1

6. MyLittlePwny

I don't know if it was mentioned, but you actually let off before the second set of beams for the trap speed in that track video

7. denmah

incredible incredible build

8. Terminator-Fox

Very sick build.

9. fiero1985

Well just figured out how to reactivate my account after the changes here on the forum. I will update this thread with some changes I have done to the car. I am also considering changing turbos to a s500/88

Changed the layout of the dash and gauges...

here is the old

[​IMG]#ad

I could not believe that I used a piece of wood lol but I was in a hurry towards the beginning of last year to get the car on the road. It proved to be a real pain in the ass to see the gauges once the boost kicked in so I did this:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. wtfovr

Where did you mount the coil packs?Great build. I am jealous.

11. fiero1985

A recent video
    http://youtu.be/d0mt3txFTNA

car went a best of 9.15@150. Plan on going out next friday and turning the boost up and see how fast she will go.

12. Mustangbrad94gt

what boost was the 9.15 run?

13. TDmkr496

Nice!! Do you have limiters on the front end?

14. Nice Chevelle

Nice job with the car. Dash looks real good. Love the video of your runs. Its gonna get interesting with more boost. ;) What rpm is the 2 step set at in those runs?

15. fiero1985

Thanks guys! 15lbs and the 2 step is around 4k. I have now limited the front end to 3" of travel and the 9.15 pass did not pick the tires up at all so I am looking forward to that. Will be back out next friday

16. Mustangbrad94gt

any updates, 8 sec. pass yet?

17. quick85vet

this is one sweet ride!!!! love the vids!!! keep it up.... :2thumbs:

18. nj636

need an update here

19. ftgokie

Nice build you have there

20. hpbob

Hi,

Great build! Any updates? It looks like you didn't even mini tub it, just rolled the quarter lips? Im building my 72 Nova right now and going to clone this build! Only difference is I'm gong 6.0 with forged pistons, h beam rods and stock 317 heads with Edelbrock pro flow intake, twin turbos, turbo cam, built turbo 400 with brake, and my car already has a 12 bolt rear end Im going to build to hold the power! Otherwise Im looking for 8's in the quarter and 5's in the eigth but be still able to drive my non mini tubbed Nova on the street too with mild to medium turbo roller cam and 3.23 or so rear end gears with drag radials!

Let us know if ya have any updates! Thanks! :2thumbs::corn::cheers: