1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1970 nova build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 2turbonova, Nov 25, 2011.

1. 2turbonova

2. 2turbonova

Got the rollbar painted last night I have a few spots to touch up they the interior can go back in.

3. 2turbonova

I decided to try angle milling the exhaust manifold to see if I can clear the steering box. I used my egr manifold as practice if it works ill do it to my smooth one.

4. 2turbonova

Well it fits but still pretty tight. With my smooth manifold and no notch I really doubt that one will fit.

5. 2turbonova

Ok I ended up milling my smooth manifold to 6° and it fits with plenty room so down and forward it is! I put my carpet back in and started brainstorming turbo placement. I would love to run it sideways centered in front of the engine so ill be looking into the remote water pump possibility otherwise ill trim out the passenger side inner fender well to place it in the battery area. Either way with my ls4 manifold I have tons of downpipe room.

Also on the way is my csu 750, an ls6 cam, and I've picked up a set of ls9 valvesprings.

6. 2turbonova

Changed my mind again... on the way now is a megasquirt 1, victor jr. efi with rails and a tb elbow, precision 95lb injectors, head studs and ls9 gaskets, an rsp 50mm bov and a bunch of miscellaneous flanges and crap to start building my turbo setup. Engine is cleaned up and painted ill be putting the new oil pan on soon. The ls6 cam is in and im picking up a set of 241 ls1 heads for it this weekend and ill get my ls9 valvesprings installed and hopefully get the motor back together this weekend.

7. turboventura

Good choice on the efi, a lot of people think carbs are substantially cheaper and less of a headache, which is somewhat true.....until you start tuning. Efi is my favorite mod I've done to my car.

8. 2turbonova

9. 2turbonova

10. 2turbonova

Got a little work done last night.

11. 2turbonova

12. Mnlx

Nice work. Cant believe I missed your build. Its nice to see fellow Minnesotans on the board. We should all get together for a track day soon.

13. 2turbonova

Sounds like a plan, not too soon though I have no idea when this will be done.

14. 2turbonova

Got it all tacked together now I just need gas for my welder.

15. 2turbonova

16. 87gn@tahoe

17. 2turbonova

Not yet, a2w next year is the plan.

18. 2turbonova

Got the wastegates mounted and my buddy started sorting out the wiring. They are a pair of emusa 38's

19. turbocobra

Sweet Build! Nice fabrication work.

20. stangwell

I like it. I had a 70 when I was 15 and it was a project but solid as a rock. 4 spd car all it needede was a motor but my dad sold it. I always had big dreams for it. That was 18 years ago I bleed blue now lol but I always respect the novas and chevelles :2thumbs: