1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1970 nova build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 2turbonova, Nov 25, 2011.

1. lsxs10

Sure looks like a Brandy Wine.

2. Drac0nic

I'd almost say the Dark Red Metallic T-types used to come in but I am thinking it's lighter. Nice clean car though can't wait to see the boost get taken to it.

3. 89notchturbo

same person from tcstangs?

finally seen a pic of the car! that is a badass looking nova!

4. 2turbonova

Yeah same person...thanks

5. 2turbonova

Update:
    After alot of thought im thinking I may ditch the twin turbo big block build in favor of a junkyard 5.3 with a single bw or a mp Turbo. If I do this it saves a ton of money especially if the I can fit the truck manifolds in my chassis. This way I have money for a better quality turbo and a good carb. Also the car will be going in soon for an 8 point rollbar and moly subframe ties.

6. BlownShovel

You'll get a bunch more room to work with with the LS* motor. Flip the manifolds forward and start fabbing

7. shannon79malibu

cool project were you got to put the turbos.ive had my turbos two different places still dont like were there at.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. 2turbonova

Shannon I looked at your build and was going to do something similar to your first setup but im convinced on making the ls swap now and it will be way easier to fit everything.

9. 2turbonova

Picked up my aluminum headed race motor today for $350

121911143001.jpg #ad

10. 2turbonova

Well I started pulling the 5.3 apart to clean it up and paint it. One of the exhaust manifold bolts broke off in the head though quite frustrating. Anyone dealt with this before? Will an easy out work? So far im thinking a bw s475 with the manifolds up and forward since I don't think they'll fit forward and down.

11. bluchev

very common on LS engines, your best bet is to weld a nut to the remaining chunk of bolt and unscrew. I wouldnt use an ez out,

i broke one in a head before, not fun.

12. 2turbonova

Thought about welding a nut to it but its below the surface still theres nothing sticking out I may still try it though.

13. 2turbonova

Well I've got the interior all stripped out and ready for an 8pt rollbar to be installed.

off to tnt race shop now I picked up an msd 6ls with the wiring harness and a victor jr intake. Im still debating between the autokraft oil pan or the holley swap pan. Also big debate between an s475 or a q trim mp t76 with a .81 turbine housing.

14. 2turbonova

Picked it up today rollbar is done along with a stock new package tray. Now to paint it and get the interior back in.

15. Dogsofjune

That is one good looking Nova. Subscribed for this build.

16. 2turbonova

Well I ordered a set of transdapt neutral position plates and some moroso solid mounts and I will be ordering an autokraft oil pan hopefully friday. I also ordered an ls4 front exhaust manifold to use on the passenger side forward and down and im really hoping with alot of chopping and v banding I can get the passenger side truck manifold to work down and forward on the drivers side. We'll see if it works out ill be very happy if it does if not ill run the truck manifolds up and forward.

17. 2turbonova

started chopping down the manifolds

18. 2turbonova

Well I did a test fit today outside in the beautiful 12 degree weather. Im still waiting on my autoraft pan but i managed to wedge it in with the truck pan. The ls4 manifold fits down and forward like its made for the car but the truck mani on the drivers side hits the steering box right away. The only way i think it will work is with a manual rack setup which i dont have the cash for so kind of a bummer looks like ill be running another ls4 up and forward on the drivers side looks kind of goofy but its cheap and works.

19. 89notchturbo

i hate minnesota! but i love having a heated shop! :cheers:

nice work, gotta say that car looks clean!

20. jason07

Something different. I like it!