1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1968 Barracuda "S" 411" B-engine with T6 S480 B/W

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by CUUDAK, Jan 7, 2011.

1. CUUDAK

Re: Here we go!! 411" B-engine with T6 S480 B/W

Started the crossover pipe. Looks good and no interference as of yet.. Again, this will all be wrapped. :2thumbs:
    The front valance should cover half of the crossover view from the front. I like the "No bumper" look on the front enuff to leave it off.

progress 001.JPG #ad

progress 002.JPG #ad

progress 003.JPG #ad

progress 004.JPG #ad

2. HOTMOPR

Drivers side log looks awesome! That's how I am gonna do mine as well. Now that I have my turbo mocked up where I want it. Just need my parts to come!

3. CUUDAK

Thanks,
    I wish the passenger side was this easy! The engine is so far to the passenger side that I had to roll the pipes around to have access to the header bolts and plugs. That and the location of the turbo hendered it.

4. HOTMOPR

Ya I have quite a bit more room. No inner fenders at all. I did have to cut out some of my cage. That will have to go in after the turbo.

5. Sinatra

Even a low-deck big-block is a squeeze in an A-car, but man--it looks like you've got it handled pretty well. Coming over from the NA world of Mopar, a lot of what I'm seeing really makes me cringe (log exhaust), but only because I don't know any better when it comes to turbocharging. "Watch and learn" is my attitude, and I'll be watching this!

6. CUUDAK

I am a "Turbo Virgin" too. This is a first so all new to me. I Hope its all worth it?

Hemi Freds Roadtoad is making 2400hp with logs. Not that mine will.

7. CW25

That is one thing you don't have to worry about with turbo very much is the preturbo piping. I run stock untouched truck manifolds and with a pretty conservitive tune and have run 11.67@118 at 2500 foot elevation. I have very conservitive cam timing, a tight converter with a very short stroke and a heavy truck. I need to get a roll bar in it before I even get it tuned up decently. Others have done alot better than I have. Turbocharging is almost like cheating except you don't have to fill the cheat bottle. LOL

8. turboplymouth

Always wanted to quote someone in my sig. There it is! :rock:

9. Sinatra

Exactly my thoughts, though put better than I would have, CW25!

Cuudak: I have no doubt it will all be worth it, and then some. By the way, I also own a '67 trout, though mine is a total-loss parts car due to rust. You can pull off sections of frame with your bare hands, it's so rusted. There was really no reason to buy it, but hey, for $100--well, sometimes it's just fun to have rusty old junk lying around!

10. CW25

LOL I guess I can come up with them every once and a while. :2thumbs: :ras:

11. HOTMOPR

Hey how are the trunck trim pieces? I need a the two skinny strips. I have a decent top but my bottom is trashed..

12. Sinatra

I'd have to take a look at it, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the few pieces on the car that's OK. When we went to pull it out of the garage with a Bobcat, the tail end of the car bent up about a foot due to lack of frame support and stayed probably 9" up after it was set down, but I'm pretty-sure the trunk lid and trim was unaffected. The car's not here, but I'll look into it and PM you about this... no need to further hijack this thread!

13. CUUDAK

Pistons showed up today! Still no ETA on the Eagle rods.

pistons 001.JPG #ad

14. bbfhnj

are you going to have the eagle rods checked out? what made you pick eagle over scat?

15. CUUDAK

Scat did not show a 6.358 rod :huh: and I got the Eagle rods for less than $400...

16. HOTMOPR

Yeah when I was gonna do a 400 I noticed aftermarket rods were hard to come by and spendy!

17. CUUDAK

Yeah,
    The pistons cost me $900.00 with pins, locks and rings. Most I ever paid for a set of pistons!! :bah:

18. CW25

400 rods are hard to come by no matter what. I just went with the 440 rod. Easy to find and I think they were less money. Just got them to build the pistons to that compression height instead. The dollar was bad at the time and my machinist ordered tool steel pins. That box like you have there cost me $1400 at the time. :doh: Now I can do it for about $1000.

19. jfive

I like scat myself. Not sure why you wouldn't. I have seen there stuff used in 1000+hp builds. Not to mention they have the best cast cranks around. Good luck on the build. Looks interesting. Wish I could talk a few mopar guys around here into something like this.

20. CUUDAK

Have had issues with scat on a 514 that was in my 66 Falcon. Went with Oliver Billet steel rods(6.8" Chivy rods) in it and a Eagle 4.14 stroke cast crank. 945 crank horsepower and still going strong after almost 3 years with a simple valve lash adjustment here and there. I traded it for this Cuda I have now. The old fart that has it now runs it in Diboll Tx and is scared to death of it!! LoL!!

I feel that the only real differences in any H-beam is the choice of rod bolts. I got the rods for $395.00 shipped with the ARP2000 bolts but purchased the L19 for $138 from a internet vendor instead of $700 for the rods with the L19's already installed.
    Honestly, the L19's are a bit overkill but worth it in the long run.

My thread on FABO has sparked a few local builds here. Another 68 Cuda Notch is going turbo. He is supposed to be visiting me next week. And another good friend is turbo'n a 68 Valiant 318.