1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1951 IH Pickup 388 Twin T70 Blow Through

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BADGMC, Dec 29, 2011.

1. BADGMC

Wanna send me your's. Its a little better condition. I could live with it then. :D

Using the original for this truck would be cool but I won't be able to get in the damn truck since it's 20+ inch diameter. :doh:

2. blown385

Got any ideas on what your looking for ?

3. BADGMC

Not really sure what I want. Its just on my list of small things to change. Might have to think of making something custom for it.

4. HAULIN IT

Love the stance!

5. BADGMC

Got some more stuff done. Insulated the floor and put some carpet in. Sure quieted things down inside and no more hot feet. Also painted up some cast aluminum valve covers since the old steel ones liked to oil everything down with the crappy baffles. Took it out for a ride yesterday and found out my new 46mm wastegates fixed my boost creep issues. Got the cage certed last weekend so looks like track time coming up pretty quick.

photo 1.JPG #ad

photo 3.JPG #ad

photo 2.JPG #ad

6. denmah

damn beautiful fab work!

7. blown385

That carpet is pimpin !

I love it !

8. BADGMC

Went to track Friday for the first time with this thing. Only got four passes due a few issues but overall not bad for the first day. The battery took a dump first thing so had to hit the parts store for a new one. Once we got that squared away made an easy pass just to make sure it left straight and didn't pull something weird. Second pass footbraking went 10.50@132 on the gates at 7psi with a blistering 2.0 60ft. Third pass left footbraking with no boost and bringing it up to 11psi in high gear went 1.61 60ft 9.98@139 losing the alt belt in the process. Also found out spark plug gap was too wide as it started banging out the exhaust in high gear with the added boost. Fourth pass was a waste as the alt belt came off again.

Not bad for the first day. Now I need to pull the trans and put a brake in it which I should have done in the winter. That should help a bunch.

timeslip.png #ad

9. nebdrummer

Awesome build! Cant wait to see more.

10. denmah

9s on your first day out, success :cheers:

11. BADGMC

It goes faster than I thought it would with less boost and piss poor short times. A few changes and it should be interesting.

12. Nice Chevelle

I couldnt stop grinning while reading this thread for the 1st time.
    Big props for all the nice work. You got a very beautiful vehicle bro and I hope you get many years out of her.

Good job !!

:2thumbs:

13. PrecisionTurboMustang

This is my new favorite truck build.

Sorry blown385 :D

14. blown385

This is AWESOME !!!! I just love it .

I understand . :'( lol

15. BADGMC

Thanks for the comments. I've got a ways to go to catch up to blown385. I'm not even to page 2 yet. :eek:

Damn I mean page 3. :D

16. lead foot

Man this build is unreal, I almost had a shit while reading your times on the first run out, Well done for a beautiful turned out fast ride. Cannot wait now to test mine

the Lead foot

17. BOOSTEDROK

Congrats... Nice build, how much boost/timing u running? How you like the e85?

18. BADGMC

E85 works awesome. On the 9.98 pass boost was 7psi on the gates and when I shifted to second gear I bumped it up to 11psi. As for timing, base timing is 38* and I pull 1* per psi until 10psi then it ramps down to 24* @ 20psi. So at 11 psi it is roughly 27.5* which shows no heat on the ground strap on the plugs. AFR's were in the mid 11's so it is actually pretty safe like this. I will add a bit more fuel and work more timing into it as I go.

19. BOOSTEDROK

Nice!! Yeah I just converted my Sbc to e85, and im lookin for some good info on where to start.. E85 seems to love tons of timing.. And tons of boost :cheers: :cheers:

20. Bacon

Awesome build! Great truck!

:corn: