1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Chinese IHI RHB32 - anyone use one of these on their bike project.?

Discussion in 'Turbo Motorcycles, Turbo Carts and other small engine turbos' started by hotdog, Mar 30, 2015.

1. hotdog

Chinese IHI RHB32 - anyone use one of these on their bike project.? or a Chinese Garrett.?

2. 65ShelbyClone

I don't have a Chinese bootleg, but rather a real IHI. I am looking to make it the high pressure stage of a compound setup and don't know if it's up to the task. I have only heard that they aren't that tough when used beyond the original application conditions.

[​IMG]#ad

3. hotdog

65ShelbyClone, are you doing a pull through system?

4. 65ShelbyClone

No, this turbo and the other I plan on using don't have carbon positive compressor seals. Dynamic seals like these have will let lots of oil into the intake charge under vacuum. There are ways around that apparently, but IMO involve at least as much work as going blow-through.

5. boostediroc

i have one im putting on an xr250r engine , i wanted to do blow threw , but i cant locate a good decently priced single carb head for my motor , so im going to do draw threw with a single 34mm flatslide carb on mine and just plub the turbo to both intake ports.

if i can find a single carb head before i get the last of the parts i need i will still do the blow threw , then again i guess i could just y the intake pipe from the ports to a single carb and still do blow threw

https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/380677-turbo-bike-heck-yeah-XR250R

6. M&M Turbochargers

7. 65ShelbyClone

Why not just use the twins? I know jets are getting real hard to find for the 500/600cc twin carb setups, but I'm not familiar with the smaller RFVCs.

8. boostediroc

the more i think about it the more i think im just going to do blowthrew on the twin carbs , the secondary carb only has a main jet in it so it shouldnt be to hard