1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

XFI vs BS3

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by BB72CAMARO, Mar 16, 2011.

1. BB72CAMARO

Wanting some opinions on which unit is better all around. I like the Dual-sync distributor that FAST offers. The application would be for a BBC.

2. 427notch

This question has been asked here before, usually resualting in a shit storm. Both units are good. Your choice should come down to, what are you and your tuner comfortable tuning with, and are you willing to put in the time it takes to learn them. Both systems work well. I have the XFI, just started with it, but I do like it. Never tried a BS3. Only reason I went for the fast was because I got a better deal on it. Not many people in my area tune either system, so i knew I had to learn it on my own.

3. eades5.0

Well said and I agree, I run the BS3 and am very happy.

-Chris

4. Andy Dorsett

In certain situations one system can be much better than the other in either direction; however in most situations either will work fine.

5. Blak92

Most companies will let you DL their software for nothing off the website... see wich one you like and take that into consideration too maybe. Read through the help sections on each of them. See if there are any tuners for any of them in your area.

I like my XFI.

6. ashford

MS3

7. mtpturbo

I think the answers above sum it up well.

Download the software and see what you prefer. Also consider what functionality you need, each system has different options available.

If there is any particular feature you are looking for it may point you toward one system or the other.

I sell both and have achieved very good results with both, in a variety of applications.

-Chris