1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

xfi, ms, or bs3 for new gen hemi?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by turbofreek, Sep 13, 2010.

1. turbofreek

I'm trying to see what going to be easiest to tune on a newgen hemi for an inexperienced Efi tuner. I see xfi and bs3 has a setup ready for them, but is it going to really be any better then ms? I'm going to be running e85 or methanol either 160lbers or a set of morans adjustable 225's. Power in the 1000-1400 range. Also planning on a complete second fuel system for pump gas for distance driving. So ill need a system that can switch injectors with pressure changes at the map sensor. I don't know if ms has that option or not?. Setup is as follows, 392 hemi, 88mm single turbo, 105mm tb, large tall runner intake with pt2000 style cooler. Can i run a 7531 box and fire the coils with it using the factorycrank trigger?

2. Matt Cramer

If you're running a MegaSquirt on a new Hemi, you'll definitely want MS3; it has native Hemi trigger wheel support. It will, of course, need a return type fuel system and cable operated throttle body (I believe that's true for BS3 and FAST too, but I could be wrong.) An MS3 will have an option of switching from pump gas to race gas maps, and it can stage injectors to bring a second set of bank-fired injectors online at a preset MAP level (or RPM or duty cycle). The two sets of injectors do not need to be the same size or even running the same fuel.

3. turbofreek

Matt that's good to know, cuz I really didn't know if it was able to read the crank signal or not. You being a dart owner makes ms more appealing as well to me. I like not being the everybody else does it crowd to.

4. CyanJaguar

check out the new holley hp and dominator efi