1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

XFI 2.0 Problems

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by slammed98gmc, Jun 4, 2011.

1. slammed98gmc

I just put the 2.0 update in my ecm and Im kinda wishing it didnt after last night. First problem I noticed is that i cannot get it to datalog anymore for some reason. I set the data logger up , made sure it was on a the correct input and it refuses to record anything. I verfied my wiring last night and made sure everything was still hooked up. 2nd is that i have no more 02 correction. It is enable and all the parameters are the same as before and it just refuses to do anything. the only way I can get it to log is with the laptop in the truck. 3rd, it is trying to target and a/f ratio that is not even close to the bubble on the map. It should have been trying to target 11.0 and it showed the target at 13.0 at 20psi boost! fortunely the there was no correction from the 02 sensor so It didnt hurt anything.

is there anyway to go back to the 1.0 file. I see a firmware update on fast's website, can i just download that and reflash the ecm? Im all for change as long as it works, but that update is just working well for me at all. I wasted a whole night at the track dicking with this thing trying to firgure out what was going on. Truck performed poorly the 2 passes I did get with the same tune as before.

2. TurboNova

First what flash did you put in and what did you have before? Did you get the option file from FAST first? I did a bunch of the beta testing and we had none of these problems. You have something major wrong for this to be this way.

1. You need a minimum of 1.34 current version to upgrade to 2.001
    2. If you don't have 1.34 you will have to flash upgrade to 1.34 first
    3. Load the option file for 2.0 before you reflash the 2.0 firmware
    4. Flash firmware 91 and use software 2.001
    Check for the new added tables and make sure they are set for what you want. One is target A/F vs cts..... Better check that one.

Look at your ecu configuration and make sure internal logging and 2.0 are checked. Have you gone to logging>trigger setup? There are now two ways to enable the datalogger.

3. slammed98gmc

i will have to check all that i guess. I followed the instructions that came with the email.

From FAST
    Attached is the option file to enable your XFI 2.0 option for your FAST XFI ECU. Below are the instructions on how to load this file into your XFI ECU.

Please remember, you MUST have C-Com XFI 2.0 2.000 or newer, and your ECU must be flashed to firmware XFI_Flash_8E or newer, in order for this option file to work. The software can be downloaded from our web site for free at:

www.fuelairspark.com, or you may purchase the

C-Com XFI cd-rom from FAST. Simple to follow instructions on how to flash your XFI ECU can be found in Section 26.0 of the Help section of the software.

If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to contact us at any time at 901-260-3278.

HOW TO LOAD AN OPTION FILE INTO YOUR XFI:

Save the attached option file ( for example X20_####.OPT) found in your email or cd to the C:/CComWP XFI folder. This can usually be accomplished by

right-clicking with your mouse and choosing '˜SAVE AS' from the drop-down menu, then browse to find your C:/ drive, then choose the CComWP XFI folder. DO

NOT change the name of the file.

Start C-Com XFI and go online with your ECU (hit the F2 hotkey)

From the pull-down menu, select VIEW/SYSTEM CONFIGURATION/ENABLE OPTION FILE'¦

A dialog box will appear allowing you to select a file. Select the X20_####.OPT file (the #### is where your XFI ECU's serial number will

appear) and click the

'˜OPEN' button.

The file should install after a few seconds, and you should see a dialog box indicating a successful installation of the option file.

You are now ready to use your new XFI 2.0 option file! Simple to follow instructions on how to use this new feature can be found in Section 24.0 Data

Logging in the Help section of your C-Com XFI software.

4. Briansshop

I had/have kind of the same prob. Started my car up for the first time with an older flash..used unit. No problems. Flashed to the newer 2.0 and enabled the option file,same probs as above. It showed it was trying to correct but read 15.9 no matter what. When I allowed more correction,it was obviously rich,but o2 readings stayed the same. I have since reloaded the software on my laptop and re flashed ecm. Will give it a try tomorrow.

5. TurboNova

Did you put the option file in first before you flashed the ECU?
    The newest firmware is 91 and what you should be using. This is the file for the 2.001 and the 8E is for the 2.000. There were a few changes to the 2.001 so you should use that.

There is a target A/F offset table vs CTS so you should be looking at that first. There are like 5 tables you have to set before your tune is going to be back close to what you had. Injector offset vs battery voltage table should have the correct values for your injector type. They can be pasted into the table by using the correct file in the ICT folder.

link to tables that need to be updated.

http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/tables-setting-check-when-upgrading-xfi-5331.html

6. slammed98gmc

i did it just as the instructions say to do it. But i am using the 2.0 and the 8e flash. I will try the 2.001 software the the 91 flash and see what happens.

now that i have the 2.0 option file, do i have to put it back in? should it be put in first? the instructions from fast are not written that way, says to put in the flash and then the option file.

7. slammed98gmc

Ok, I just flashed it with th 91 file, enabled the 2.0 file and using the 2.001 software and at least the data logger still does not work. I put the 1.340 software back in and it works great. I guess I will call tomorrow and see what they think my problems. My trans brake creep function doesn't work with the 2.0 software either.

8. Craig Smith

Interesting. I'm going to see Lance in the next few days, I'll ask him if he's heard of anything like this and could offer some direction. Sounds like some type of configuration issue, there are too many folks having good luck for it to be a design flaw. Not pointing fingers, but merely suggesting that there is hopefully a simple solution. I'll let you know what I find out.

9. Briansshop

Brian,I did not. The way the instructions are worded ,in the email for the 2.0 option file,makes you think you need the latest firmware first. My first try was w/the 8 firmware and I now have the 9 w/the 2.0 op already installed so maybe I'll be OK. Didn't get a chance today,hopefully on Monday.

Thanks,B

10. slammed98gmc

I don't think you can do the option file first honestly, mine would not communicate until I did the flash first

11. TurboNova

Your supposed to go on line with the ECU in 1.34 first.... then enable the option file.

Then reflash the software with 91 and use the 2.001 after that.

I have done all the firmware updates this way and it works fine.

12. slammed98gmc

I will try it that way and see what it does. I have the 1.340 flash in it now with everything working correctly.

13. Briansshop

I reloaded/flashed with the latest,enabled the learning option and seems to be working OK

14. Mark55

When I Flashed in 2.0 the datalogger wouldn't work until I hit the configure button then it worked fine.
    There are a few other offset tables that weren't there before to review like Brian said too.

15. slammed98gmc

From the 1.340 software I enabled the 2.0 option file, flashed the ecm with the 91 flash and used the 2.001 software to set up the datalogger, chose the enable circuit and configured the data logger and each time It says there is nothing to read and then disconnects the software from the ecm. For some reason either my ecm just will not accept the 2.0 or Im just not doing it right. I can put the 1.340 flash back in and everything works, i put it in just like the instructions say and the datalogger, o2 sensor correction, transbrake control , and target air fuel are not working correctly. I put it in like turbo nova says and still the same result, things are not working like they should again. I will have to call fast this week, I was not able to call them today on it.

16. TurboNova

Did you setup the new tables in 2.0? Injector offset? Target A/F bs cts? How about your logger how are you triggering it aux 8 or power adder enable? In the view/ecu configuration what does it say? Did you reset your trans break creep parameters they changed.

17. slammed98gmc

logger is triggered by the pa enable and that is what i have chosen. in the ecm conf the 2.0 option file and internal data logging are both checked. i have the trans brake creep settings all set and checked to work with the pa hold i think. I have not done anything with the taget a/f vs cts yet because the o2 sensor is reading, but it is not doing anything, there is no corrrection happening and i have checked all the parameters on the o2 sensor and feedback is enabled.

18. TurboNova

You will want to fix the target A/F va cts, for sure the injector opening vs bat volts, there is spark va cts and ats. Make sure you are not in any afterstart or any other gross correction or it will not let you enter closed loop. I know the whole power adder stuff has changed and I believe I had to send my datalogger configuration to the logger again. Until you fix the injector/bat volts and target A/F vs cts it will not run correct.

19. slammed98gmc

I did the injector/ bat volts offset paste from the files for my injectors. I have the spark vs cts and ats zeroed out. Can I just zero out the af vs cts also for now? i have setup and configured the datalogger everytime ive done it and still shows no data and disconnects the laptop from the ecm. I have done it mulitiple times with the same result each time.

the truck runs ok with the updated flash in it, truck normally runs high 8s right now@150mph with the old software, it ran 9.2@150 friday night 2 times. I really need the data logger to work so I can work on the rest of the tune first and foremost

20. TurboNova

I don't have the software in front of me but I think it is set to 0. Not sure on the pa enable logging, mine is set up the same way and works fine. I just selected the PA enable under datalogging and it works fine.