1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

If 302 headers with correct flanges work on a LS motor ....

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mustang-junky, Oct 28, 2012.

1. mustang-junky

Could the factory cast iron LS manifolds be used on a SBF? With the proper exhaust manifold bolt holes of course.

Free flowing cast iron manifolds could be a nice option instead of flipped shorties when making a home make turbo set up.

I was thinking about doing another rear mount set up on my mustang and this came to mind. The cast iron would hold more heat in which would be nice for the rear mount deal. I had a complete 5.3 in my garage a while ago, but did not think to try it. My Windsor Sr. heads have the wider "N" exhaust pattern on them in addition to the standard sbf holes. Anyone have a set of manifolds laying around that they could eye ball up, and see if it could possibly work? Thanks.

Jess