1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wrench Rat Twin Turbonetics kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Beaverislandbiker, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Beaverislandbiker

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about turbo systems.
    I have (access) a NOS Wrench Rat Twin Turbonetics kit for a small block 400 Chevy.
    It was fitted to a 1973 Camaro. It was never used. Never started. Sat on the car for a few years, while setting in the build shop.
    The owner/ builder died before finishing the car.
    I was told the owner paid about $7600. for the complete set up.
    I need to ascertain a $$ value for the unit now for the widow. She needs it for the estate closing.
    ALL the parts are there, wrapped in plastic.
    1) what would this set be worth on the internet market?
    2) what would be the best way for the widow to reach the folks who potentially would want this unit?
    Thanks for any help.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. Disney Lincoln

The Wrrench Rat TT kit was once of the nicest i've seen that was a off the shelf type of kit. There was a Cehvelle on here years ago that had one. Beautiful! IIRC they were nowhere near that 7K you speak of. I was thinking they were closer to 2K for the turbo kit, or maybe that was just hot side... I don't remember... Eiter way, my shot from the hip price would be about 1700 for just the turbo parts (Headers, down pipes, turbos, wastegates, piping, intercooler, couplers, and clamps). Best way to sell it would be to put it on Ebay with a no reserve and put as many hot rodding keywords in the ad as you can find. That's how you find the true value. Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. You could tryo to list it here, or on Facebook or Craigslist, but you'll never know if you priced it too low. On an Ebay auction it will sell for what it's worth assuming you listed it properly to get the right audience.

3. Beaverislandbiker

DL
    Thank you for the input. All the advice is well received.
    The only caveat was that the widow claims she actually has the invoice for the Wrench Rat kit as shipped and it was $7600 +$200 for the shipping costs. Is there something I’m forgetting?
    Is there anyone reading this that may have any cost history of these products?
    Thanks again
    BI Biker

4. Disney Lincoln

Post the receipt? Maybe we can see what is in it that might add up to that number?

5. Mnlx

6. Beaverislandbiker

Review of that thread shows that the original $7600 price tag cost may be realistic after all.
    I do not have access right (right now) to the actual paid receipt.

I will say that the person who ended up with this system (the widow) tells me she just really,”Wants to move it on for a fair price to someone who wants it”.
    So
    I tried to get to the classified section but for some reason it wouldn’t allow me to use its’ function.
    I’m trying to figure it out(?)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  7. Mnlx

Like Disney said, someplace like Ebay or a Facebook group is probably your best best. You can kinda see from the post what it was priced at used back then. Imo, its not a highly sought after kit, and is probably loosing interested buyers yearly. You need to get it out where many can see it.

bridal-shoal