1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 Mustang GT wiring...ugh

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by TDmkr496, May 28, 2013.

1. TDmkr496

I'm building an 88 Mustang with and LS swap, does anyone have any experience with sorting through the factory harness to remove the original EFI BS wiring?? Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Locate the PCM behind the passenger side kick panel. The wiring harness attached to it controls the EFI, disconnect that and pull it out through the firewall. Once that's done you have the starting point for all the EFI related wiring, and ought be able to follow the harness wires where they split off from the sensors/controls they connect to.

3. TDmkr496

Thanks, I've already pulled the old ECM out and pulled the old harness through the firewall, its just sorting through all of it that scares me a little lol. I want to get rid of the cruise control and the Ford EFI bs. Its all in one harness lol.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member