1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Sbc single turbo blow thru in stock th350 trans faq

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by itbsallday, Mar 31, 2018.

1. itbsallday

Hi i have a 70mm turbo sbc with th350. Im wondering about what i should do for the modulator for shifting in boost. Its currently hooked to the carb and boost what should i do. I saw theres a kit for a ball check valve to let boost out. Or i can go with a manuel valve body swap. What do u think is the most bang for the buck and what works. The cars kinda a turd now cuz it cant shift in boost unless i get back to vac. And the 2.54 gearing and 3500rpm stall , 5500rpm limiter does not help either. Thanks

2. Mnlx

You can build a check valve setup for less than $10 in parts from the part store, just need a T, and a check valve.

3. tbird

depends on what you want. On my street car I have a check ball type. I like that I can just put it in drive and go while still having the auto downshift capabilities.

4. Bad Medicine Racing

Direct clutches are on borrowed time with what you have now.