1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost stays steady but power drops

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by blkhors, Oct 1, 2009.

1. blkhors

Hey Guys

Looking for suggestions.

Dyno attached. So here's the probelm:

Boost remains constant at ~13PSI however as soon as power builds it's starts to drop.
    It's a hellion kit with a GT40 turbo on a 04GT.
    stroked
    turbo cams

plugged cat? downpipe restrictions?

Thanks

2. blown99

What size GT40? 82 or an 88. I run the gt4082 on my 2v pi motor and it definatly does not fall off like yours does. Mine pulls good to low 5krpm before I get valve float. I recently removed the free flow cat and that woke it up a lot. I also have a 3" downpipe split into two 2 1/2. 42lb inj, lmaf, tweecer for a tuner. What are your timing tables like? Who is tuning this for you? Any pics? Why did you stop at 13psi?

3. wildcardfox

What's your fuel system... I had a similar problem like this, and it turned out to be the fuel system that was starving the pumps once we hit a certain rpm...

also what valve springs are you using? stock or beehive?

4. 1crzhrs

what size springs you floating? what seat pressure?