1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

wiring meth inj light

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by djsm, Jul 6, 2017.

1. djsm

meth layout.jpg #ad
    This is how i'm going to wire my meth injection pump. there are 2 power wires on the pump. 1 going to the pressure switch and 1 coming out of the pressure switch going to the pump motor. I'm thing I should hook it to wire going to pump motor because if the pressure switch goes bad, the light won't come on. I think the light will turn on and off as the pump pulses. Which wire is everyone using?

2. Mnlx

It depends on what you want to see.... A light wired into the energizing circuit will let you know the system is armed, but a light between the relay and pump/ solenoid will let you know there is power at the pump/ solenoid, and it should be functioning. Both are not a bad idea. Another comment... you probably don't need to be fused pre, and post relay, one pre should give all the protection needed. A second fuse on the energizing circuit may not be a bad idea though if not already fused.

3. djsm

I'm a big fan of fuesabul links so I put 1 b4 the relay and the pump came with a inline fuse going to pressure switch. My concern is the pressure switch going bad and the light would be on but pump may not be pumping. Thanks for the reply.

4. Bad Medicine Racing

Add another pressure switch between the pump and nozzle. Use it to activate only the light so you know it's pumping.

5. blown385

^^^^^^^ THIS

6. Chuck L

Like 3 LEDS...red, blu, green. How I have my Alkycontrol dual nozzle kit set up.