1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just pulled the trigger on TunerStudioMS3Pro and MegaLogViewerMS...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by jaydubb, Jan 24, 2013.

1. jaydubb

It was on sale ($69.95 for both) so I figured I might as well. And I dont even have an MS yet... LOL!

Just acquired an LS1 so......................................................... Time to start collecting crap for my build....

Was this a good purchase or did I waste my money? I hope it was since I already paid thru paypal...

2. Mike1965

^^^^^^ KOOL ^^^^^ i ordered my MS1 DIY setup and i was wondering can the Shadow Dash work with that setup

3. PayUpSuka

I have Tuner Studio, it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's a awesome program.

4. 73 nova

Worth every penny spent. Ive got tunerstudio and it works great. I need to get a copy of the log viewer in the near future.

5. Disney Lincoln

Anybody know of a resource that "decodes" the TUnerstudio software? Like... Tells me what all these different things mean. Last time I had MS I was using Megatune, this TS is new to me.

So far I have the car running pretty good, but start up could be better both hot and cold. Still working out the idle too. Haven't hooked the WB02 into the MS yet, just watching it separately right now.

While i'm on it... Anyone have good settings for 60# injectors?

6. Matt Cramer

7. bgjohnson

TS is incredible. The auto tune feature made my car run better than it had for 5 years.

8. Disney Lincoln

I haven't messed with that yet. I assume I just drive the car, click the Start Auto Tune button and drive, correct? I've already populated my AFR tables and have WB02 working now.

9. Disney Lincoln

10. skunkxracing

I am still amazed at the level of quality and functionality that paid versions of TS and MLV both exhibit. Best tuning software I have ever used.

11. bgjohnson

If the car runs half decent, you can record it with megalog viewer for about 15 minutes, input that into autotune. Then it averages the need for changes and changes the entire table. Do this a few times and it will run like butter.

12. Disney Lincoln

I thought I could just go to the VE Analyize Live! or some such tab, click autotune and just drive around. You "have" to create a log for this to work??

13. ashford

nope, you can log and then run it through megalogviewer if you don't have the licensed version otherwise just use veal

14. Disney Lincoln

Ahhhh... Gotcha. I will hopefully do some driving this week to help smooth the VE out. Right now the main issue i'm fighting is cold start. It will start then immediately die. No idea on what to adjust to fix that. I've tried many things, none seem to help.

Attached current tune if someone wants to take a look....

DIYPNP Ford 60-pin
    HCI
    60# inj.

Attached Files:

15. ashford

i upped the ase and wue try this.

also what brand or part number of injectors do you have?

Attached Files:

16. Disney Lincoln

Thanks for that!!!! I really appreciate it!

I plugged it in and tried it. It wouldn't fire and stay running, but it did stay running sooner than it did before after giving it throttle. I made a log of it trying to start. Check it out if it helps at all.

I noticed that I can't get the Closed Loop Idle Target to respond the way i think they should. Like at 100* I tried to raise the target RPMS and it didn't change. It was supposed to be 1400rpm according to that table, but it was idling steady at 800.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  17. ashford

did some more fudging. you may need to set your idle screw in a bit also under file>project properties> settings set your o2 to wideband then it will log afr instead of volts

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Disney Lincoln

Better.... It seems like it wants to rev now, and I can definitely hear the IAC opening a whole lot more. Then it goes lean at the same time and dies. I will play with this some.

Attached new log from that tune.

Attached Files:

19. ashford

you might want to lower the injector opening time to .75-.8 then retune the ve around idle, flatten out idle timing till this is tuned out then change back if needed

20. Disney Lincoln

Thanks!!!

Messed with it some more today at lunch and it started and stayed running all by itself!!! It would rev up pretty high at times and was kind of an up down deal for a few minutes. But it never died!! Thanks for the help!