1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Setting up Megasquirt (verifying something here)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by KooK, Feb 13, 2013.

1. KooK

Megasquirt-III V3.0 board
    99-04 Modular Mustang engine (4v)
    LS2 individual coils

Now I'm just setting things up here and correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm understanding I need to solder the V3 board inputs to accept a VR sensor (the 36-1 wheel and sensor) and for outputs I use the Direct Coil Control Distributorless Ignition. In other words, I'm just following the steps in the first box listed on the link I provided? After that I tie every 2 coils together where the cylinders reach TDC at the same time and run wasted spark; running the wires directly from the megasquirt to the trigger wire on the coils.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_ford_modular_mustang.htm

Does this sound right?
    Thanks!

2. ashford

do you have the ms3x card? it seems you are folowing directions for the ms2

3. KooK

The MS3 and MS2 are very similar setups. If you follow the MS2 instructions you (in theory) should get the same results for your MS3 from what I can tell; if this is wrong then please, please correct me. At the moment I'm not running an MS3x card, although I'm not opposed to purchasing it.

4. ashford

you can treat the v3 board as if you are running an ms2 if you don't have the ms3x card. but if you get the 3x card there is no soldering and your ignition can be true cop, sequential injection(high-z only) and it also has a vr conditioning circuit for the cam sensor, provisions for boost control etc.