1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

will this 331 combo be turbo-able? and who makes american eagle??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbohwagon, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Turbohwagon

R-block
    American Eagle 4340 crank
    American Eagle 4340 H-beams w/ L19 rod bolts, non press on
    diamond race pistons (Flat tops with 1 intake and 1 exhaust releife)
    .030 deck clearance
    70cc combustion chamber head
    .051 thick Cometic MLS head gasket

i figured it all out with a compression ratio calculator and it said i should be about 8.56:1 static, which seems good to me, i was wondering if any of the gurus saw a problem with the setup. and does anyone know who makes american eagle???

how much boost do you guys think can be run on this? :huh:

2. Malandrino

Its an R block with massivly low CR you can run high boost, upper 20's id fig

3. Malandrino

how much is that engine costing you?

4. Turbohwagon

The stroker kit is going to cost me 1500, and depending on what my friend's cost is for an iron eagle dart block, will decide weather or not i go dart or R-block. R-block is about 1500-1700 out of summit i think.

5. Malandrino

yea, i was wondering more towards what the machining of the block will cost

6. Turbohwagon

The R-block comes with a fresh line hone etc and all the bores are finished, but both have stock sizing, i will need to have it bored 30 over for the pisons, and the block needs to be clearanced, i havn't priced it out yet, debating between 2 machine shops.

7. Malandrino

wait so the r block doesnt need any machining upon delivery? It comes ready for a 302 rotating assembly? :huh:

8. Turbohwagon

it says it comes with a fresh cylinder hone, and a fresh line bore, all standard 302 sizes for the pistons/main bearings. its not clearanced for a 331 or a 347 stroker kit though.