1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Will switching from a .68 AR to a .58 AR turbine make a big change?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JSTFORFN, Oct 5, 2008.

1. JSTFORFN

I'm running a pair of 62-1's with T4 turbine housings on a 5.4l (331 cu) Ford. They currently have .68 AR's and I'm not getting full boost till around 4200 rpm's. When I built the combo I was hoping for 3600-3700 rpm's for full boost. My question is if I drop to a .58 AR turbine housings would it give me a 400-500 rpm drop in full boost response ?
    I have my EBC setup to were it brings on boost as fast as possible without spiking.

Thanks Mike

2. the608

Hi,
    Dropping down a size will bring boost on about 300 rpm earlier,but .68 a/r housings are getting to the small side of things,what size exhaust wheels you running ?

Theo