1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Adding a turbo to a turd 4.3 v6

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Brett, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Brett

I currently have a Chevy 4.3L v6 with a 5spd manual. I was wondering if it were possible to use an hx35 turbo off of a Cummins 5.9L diesel on a 4.3? Would it be worth doing? I'm sure I could get one pretty cheap. I'm just not sure what would entail installation wise.

2. tbird

compressor side will work well. I assume the exhaust side would work well too but not positive.
    As far as what is needed to do this will depend on weather it is EFI or carb.

3. Brett

I probably should have stated EFI or Carb. It's EFI 2002 4.3