1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Scary times in Ukraine

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Crazy Larry, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Crazy Larry

What does everyone think about that stuff going on in the Ukraine? Some scary stuff I think because Putin is not going to back down. They say on the news Russia has to have that port. Think there will be war there?

2. racesloth

I think I may have to dust off my Russian texts and tune up...

Coming in Aug will be the 100th anniversary of WWI...

3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Frankly I believe they'll get their way and the US will do nothing. I have mixed feelings about that. I believe in non-intervention, but we are talking about a potentially very dangerous country who will do whatever it takes to keep that port no matter what the USA thinks, and has been turning more and more into a cold-war like Russia. If the Ukraine asks the USA for help that is another matter, but Obama is like Jimmy Carter. They called the USA a "paper tiger" under Carter, it's not any different under Obama.

4. turbostang500

I agree that Obama won't start anything unless we are drug into it. I also don't really know how I feel about that. We shouldn't be cowards but also shouldn't get involved in every damn thing either. Didn't both World Wars start in Russia?

5. Drac0nic

I believe that the Archduke Francis Ferdinand or whatever was killed in Austra-Hungary and that caused the first world war. The Second world war was started (in Europe at least) when Germany started invading neighboring countries that later became part of the Soviet Empire such as Poland.

6. jaredsamurai

The Second World War was indirectly, but very directly caused by the First World War. Germany went bankrupt because of reparations from the First World War and subsequently fell victim to awesome folks like hitler after the Weimar Republic. Ironically the Weimar Republic suffered heavy hyperinflation from devaluing of the currency.... Impending hyperinflation... hmm. That sounds remarkably similar to another situation I've recently heard of. I just can't put my finger on it...

My US comments on these European affairs are sponsored by Canadian whiskey.

7. fastspec2

HAHAHAHA

8. half-fast

"My US comments on these European affairs are sponsored by Canadian whiskey." Thought you were only a weekend alcoholic? haha

9. jaredsamurai

Two drinks and zzquil isnt alcoholism. It's called trying to sleep... Night shift is weird.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. Chuck L

Putin has ZERO respect for "occupier of the WH"...He displayed his total contempt, the first time the 2 met. [The look of disdain on his face, told the whole story.]
    Obama has surrounded himself w/ morons, such as Kerry, Hagel, Samantha Power, et al. This is what's to be expected when relying on the "LCD" to run the country.:swear:
    His overall approval rating of 34%, says it all.

11. a70duster

I was visiting the Czech Republic a few years ago. One of the sites that I saw was the chateau of Archduke Francis Ferdinand. That dude had documented killings of over a 1/4 of a million animals killed hunting style. My god you would have to kill 22 animal a day for 33 years straight to reach that number! I think PETA was behind the assignation.

12. turbostang500

Canadian whiskey is good stuff.

I am still trying to figure out how he has a 34%. Seems a little high to me.