1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

wideband sensor ok between turbo & engine @ sub 6psi?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by pxr5, Jul 26, 2014.

1. pxr5

I've read that Wideband A/F sensors get killed in a high pressure area like between the engine & turbo, but will it live for any time in a low boost set up like 4/5psi?, its on a bike & I only have a short out let pipe from the turbo. Whilst asking, If that's a no, then how long does the pipe need to be from the sensor to the end, so as to prevent reversion from screwing up the sensor readings? Thanks

2. Turbohwagon

Maybe if you have a large heat sink. I had an LC1 mounted pre turbo, and an AEM UEGO post turbo on my remote setup and they read the same AFR reading. The only issue is that i killed about 3 or 4 sensors for the LC1. The LC1 would throw an over heat code just about every pull.

3. pxr5

Ok, thanks for that, I should have said the turbo is mounted at the rear of the bike, and I do have a narrow band sensor mounted on the pipe around the foot rest / swing arm pivot area, perhaps it could be placed there & live for some time?

4. Chuck L

Put it in the dp and be done w/ it.