1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2 bar or 3 bar map?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by davepl, Feb 24, 2017.

1. davepl

I'm building a turbo motor with a ZZ502 short block, Trick Flow 340 heads, a Hogan sheet metal intake, and spare parts. I'm using two GT45 turbos and an air-water intercooler.

My question is whether I should buy a 2 bar or 3 bar map sensor, since I don't know where I'll wind up for boost yet. I'm thinking perhaps 16psi, which might put me just over the range of a 2 bar map. But if I go to a 3 bar, I assume I lose a lot of granularity in tuning.

I'm leaning towards 3 bar since this will primarily be a dyno hero anyway, no application in mind yet (it's really 90% spare parts I'm putting together just to see what I can make on the dyno).

6_58 PM 8_14_2016 - Bitmap.png #ad

6_58 PM 8_14_2016 - Bitmap.png #ad

2. KEVINS

Go 3-bar and be done.

ks

3. lazaris

Agreed

4. vinces427bb

looks like the 3bar is the best for you

5. davepl

Thanks! That's what I ordered and received!