1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

WIDEBAND, AEM vs. NGK Powerdex AFX

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Lingles Total Performance, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Lingles Total Performance

Looking to buy the most accurate wideband i can find. Most of my friends running turbo/ blown cars use the AEM UEGO gauge type but I was also wondering about the NGK Powerdex AFX wideband. I have searched on here and have found nothing regaurding anybody using one. I'd like to here some feedback on the aem's vs. the NGK, but if there is a more accurate model i'd like to know about it as well.

Thankx Wade

2. 73Runabout

I've had excellent luck with my NGK Powerdex AFX wideband. I've never used the AEM gauge so I cannot comment on it. I've "heard" more bad than good though. I've also used an Innovate LC1. It also worked fine.

Best regards,
    Tony R

3. clone93gt

The AFX wideband's internals are made by the same company that makes the ECM widebands which are labgrade wideband sensors. As well the AFX can use the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor was well as the NGK sensor. Most of their kits come with the bosch just because of the cost. If you get the AFX spend the extra money and get the NGK sensor.