1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

rear mounted turbo in a mustang gt ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jon w t f anderson, May 31, 2011.

1. jon w t f anderson

ok 1st of all so i dont get in trouble here :D i searched the site & all i found was some useless info about a corvette rear mounted turbo that had no real answers :bang:

so with that being said can ya'll tell me the pro's cons of mounting the turbo in the rear of a 91 mustang gt
    i have 410 cu winsor

thank you for your time

2. jwsewell

PRO - More traction from increased spool time. :doh:

3. Centrifuge

4. jon w t f anderson

any thing else ? has anyone done it ?

5. Mnlx

like this - - ->

it should work as good on a fox as it does on a pickup, or a vette, just may be a little less room to work. there are a few good running pickups on the site.... but I think most will agree that a front mount would be a better setup (but are more complex).
    simple search, and I found 7 pages on "remote mount" turbos. there is some info here.

6. 302f150