1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

who the hell knows what size turbo will be on it next.Build.

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by botietr, May 30, 2005.

1. botietr

I guess i should have posted my buildup here.Its not a JY build but it is a DIY buildup so here it begins.here a mock up of the turbo where it will sit and the first side header i made.still have to weld the header yet,just tacked in place.

dsc00151.jpg #ad

2. botietr

New turbo buildup

Header

dsc00156.jpg #ad

3. botietr

New turbo buildup

another

dsc00157.jpg #ad

4. botietr

New turbo buildup

1 mo time

dsc00158.jpg #ad

5. Brent Davis

New turbo buildup

Lookin' good.

6. botietr

New turbo buildup

Thanks Brent and thanks for all the help so for.i have u to blame for this mess..lol. u and your car inspired me to go B/T.

I still have to weld the header and fine tune the fits and grind down some of that gorilla welds i put on there to hold it in place,but im happy with it..i have new found respect for header makers now.man that has to be a hard way to make a living.i guess if u have the right tools (just like anything)it wouldnt be too bad..lol

7. gt40_5.0

New turbo buildup

This is what its going into.

dsc00020.jpg #ad

8. SNYPER

New turbo buildup

got any close ups of the cage??? Very nice!!!!!

9. botietr

New turbo buildup

Thanks..I dont but i can take a few tomorrow.It has a sportman certified 12 point but since i hope to run faster then 8.50 im going ahead and updating it to a 25.5 while its apart.Either that or do it next year and have to take it apart again ,,NO THANK U!! ill do it now..im in no rush.This is my hobby and i enjoy working and building things on the car so i dont put a time limit on it so that way im not disappointed.

10. botietr

New turbo buildup

The A/W intercooler.bought from a member here..looks nice.should cool good.kinda big but i have just the place for it.

dsc00163.jpg #ad

11. botietr

nother

dsc00161.jpg #ad

12. Unatural

New turbo buildup

Is that a front mount A/W? Also, are you going to run a small radiator mounted offset to the pass side of the car? It looks like if that turbo stays where it is that you'll have a hard time fitting a regular one in place. Or do you have enough room to move the turbo back some? That's going to be a badass beast when it's done!!! Keep us up to date with some pictures. I love seeing build ups like this one and Andrew's.:D

13. botietr

New turbo buildup

Yes its a front mount A/W.i was able to move the turbo outward some but still will have to use a offset radiator.

14. mediumred91lx

New turbo buildup

Good looking car:tu: Although a little too much motor for me with no roof involved:D

15. botietr

New turbo buildup

Thanks ,,hey i have a roof,,lol,thats what the cage is for isnt it?? :D

16. bigpimp

diy

looks clean and not chopped up good job cant wait to see it finished

17. botietr

New turbo buildup

Thanks Big,

I ordered everything that i need except for the BOV and wastegate .i guess theres no getting around that big ass 750 buck W/G.still a long way to go so i have time.
    after i mock up the turbo stuff ill take it apart and send the headers to get coated and then start on the 25.5 bars i need to add and the mini tubs.
    then i might repaint the car only this time something radical.susp and brakes are done,just put some Strange front and rear brakes and the susp has been setup long ago with all the go fast adjustible goodies.it hooked good at 900 hp as u can see in my avitar,just hope it'll hook with 1200 hp :rolleyes:
    im sure it will be a learning curve trying to launch alot of power on M/T Drag radials vs the ET Streets i usually run.

Well time to start on the pass. header next while im waiting on more tubing.

SNYPER heres some pics of the cage.

dsc00164.jpg #ad

18. botietr

New turbo buildup

another shot

dsc00166.jpg #ad

19. stang6990

New turbo buildup

sweet looking cage... its nice to finally find someone 'dumb' enough to put a cage in a vert.... its in the plans for things to do.

think you can get any pics withthe top up?

20. botietr

New turbo buildup

top up .only one i have here at the shop..i have a few at home ill post

dsc00143.jpg #ad