1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who sell turbo rebuild kits/parts??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Silver91Hatch, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Silver91Hatch

I am currently looking to turbo my car on a tight budget and I have found more than enough turbo for my application but it needs some work, namely an exhuast wheel and shaft and a bearing/seal kit. I looked through the vendors and used the nice green button and haven't come up with anything. I am looking to buy my own parts, rebuild it myself and then take it or ship it to a vendor to get it balanced. The turbo is a Precision GT42/76. Thanks in advance.

2. stangman9897

Have you ever rebuilt a turbo before.? I take it you have not or you would know were to buy the parts right i would send it out to be done,does not cost that much compared to having to buy a new one after you screw it up. Call Supernatural turbo and they will fix you up and not sell you anything you don't need and have the peace of mind knowing its right. just my 2 cents worth.

3. Silver91Hatch

Actually I have taken them apart and replaced seals before, but this one is more in depth. Mine needs an exhaust wheel, seals, bearings, then rebalanced. I am pretty sure I can buy a wheel and a parts kit, replace the parts and then send it out to a vendor to balance it. I will shoot them a PM to see what they can do.

4. svooh

On a GT42, there could be a couple different configurations on the shaft threads and machined steps. Compressor might have a nut or it might thread directly onto shaft. I haven't paid much attention to what Precision uses on their versions of GT42's. But... if it's Garrett, we could certainly get you the wheel and replacement parts.

If you assemble it (and everything seems right), you still have to send the turbo off at which point it needs to be disassembled again and balanced. I highly recommend just sending the whole thing in. It's definitely a good turbo to have rebuilt so make sure it's done right...balance is only part of the scenario.

BTW...thanks for the props stangman 9897 :2thumbs:

5. stangman9897

BTW...thanks for the props stangman 9897

No problem when i find a honest guy in the performance world that does not try to sell you stuff you don't need and willing to send you email pictures of the damage of your turbo im more than happy to throw your name out there. Keep up the good work .

Charles