1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

who makes offset bushings for steering racks on tubular k members?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by ricky, Jun 12, 2006.

1. ricky

have a set,but apparantly they are for a stock k member,won't work with my aftermarket tubular k member,anyone know who sells them for a rack that has the stubs welded on it? that the rack slides over?thanks

2. Snipe656

Mine came with the Kand actually the guy who did my cage work made some new ones for me because he did not like the original ones. If you know who made your K I'd question them.

3. Brandon@DMI

I've just always made my own!

4. ricky

ok,how do you make them? what material did you use?thanks

5. Snipe656

Pretty sure mine are made out of Al, he did them on a lathe.

6. rtz

7. Brandon@DMI

I made mine out of aluminum. I think I have a print I'll post ( might not be till monday night)

Mine where made from 1.75" aluminum rod. they are 2" long, there turned down to 1.305 dia for a length of 1.800. leaving .200 @ 1.75dia. then a .750" hole was offset bored .500" from center.

I couldn't find any one that made out of aluminum so that is why I made my own

there's a pic

DSC00352.JPG #ad

8. Snipe656

If those are the urethane ones, stay away from them. I know very few people who have gotten them to actually work worth a damn.

The ones that were made for my car look a lot like Brandonf's

9. rtz

10. Unatural

11. Snipe656

12. rtz

13. Brandon@DMI

Ricky

I just finished your offset rack bushings!

sent you a PM!

14. ricky

hey there,just sent you a pm,thanks