1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

any lsx chevys in an abody?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbofreek, Apr 25, 2009.

1. turbofreek

i think im going to go this route, but wanted to see if anyone has seen an lsx in an abody dart before? got pics or links of it?

2. Lebaron91

Haven't seen any but I'd say do it! I'm former diehard mopar-fan but now I have a Fairmont wagon and swapping ls1 into it. I know that my mopar- and ford-friends don't like me. Chevy-guys are suddenly talking to me but I put them to ground telling them I feel LSx engines as hybrids where the best features from GM, ford and mopar smallblocks are combined. So, do it as YOU like it, not as somebody else would!

3. GonnaBeTurbo

Why not just buy a chevy instead? You can sell your dart and buy a nice little nova or chevy II for not much cash.

4. 72swinger360

I agree with daytonaturbo. Save yourself from everyone walking by at the track and shaking their head.

5. turbofreek

fixed it for ya. :2thumbs: i just dont get the mopar guys bullshit. i cant even converse on a sane level with any mopar guys. they are stuck in some kind of idiotic funk that makes them self absorbed assholes. ive never seen where guys just dont like anything done to a vehicle except whats allready been done. really puts mopar guys in the shitter in my book. ive signed up to a few forums, but nothing remotely noticeable of intelligence. one guy was telling me how i could not spool my turbo with a hemi, cuz he builds diesels and knows more. they are some smart ones for sure. :doh:

6. rdakota340

I am in the middle on this one the parts for a ls1 is easyer to get and cheaper then the (new or old)hemi some people just think they are some gold peices I would like have a new hemi though to through some boost to it in my 98 dakota project down the road,just do what makes you happy I will still watch the build!

7. blown71duster

x2 .
    I would be one of those that would be annoyed, like a street rod with a small block chevy, yawn
    But it is yours ,do what makes you happy.

8. turbofreek

a hemi would make me happy. however getting an idiot to sell it for a realistic price just pisses me off.

9. topfueldart

The ONLY thing you have done since you bought your car was talk endless shit about any and all of us Mopar guys... You expected that everyone would be able to answer every question you had about old hemi's, which basically no one but street rodders have used in a performance application since the 60's, and new hemi's, which few people have actually pushed to the limits... Unfortunately, alot of Mopar guys are in it for the car show/rarity thing, not for building 1500 turbocharged horsepower. Your with the majority of us on THIS forum, in unchartered territory building a turbocharged MOPAR.. If you cant handle it fine, but dont talk shit about the few of us here who aren't the average redneck...

10. rdakota340

:poke: :attn: :cheers:

11. turbofreek

hahaha, i know what your saying, but what ive dealt with when it comes to mopars. you have to agree i have not had good results with anyone mopar related. the few that are on here. i dont classify as mopar guys or they would not be here. perhaps perception is not perceived well from your angle? if you have a problem with that dont bother replying then. to many people speak when not spoken too. to many think a stocker with a cam is badass and the end all to end all. you cant tell me the majority of mopar guys are not assholes, cuz like i said ive yet to see one(you come off like this to me with your mopar card in hand). i dont think your an asshole by the way, just pointing the obvious out. i find it frustrating how chevy and ford guys chime in with either some helpful hints or a direction to find your answer. mopar guys, well they dont say shit, cuz its rare and should be a show car, yada yada etc... etc... how many years did it take before somebody finally gave a bbm block strength link or factual info? yea and we know mopars have been pushed to the limits just as long as the other brands! simply amazing how unwilling they are to just chime in with a spit of wisdom on matters pertaining there beloved mopar.
    im just a mopar fan at heart wanting to be part of it all, but all i do is seem to be pissing in the wind. i love momma mopar, but it comes with strange company. im adjusting to it i think, but its going to take me some time.

12. 74Dart

I know I haven't been spoken to directly but when you post a thread, you are pretty much addressing everyone who reads it.

I don't know about you, but I don't know many people on here with a "show car yada yada" Most of these guys are building their own cars to drive them. Sure there are show car/factory original people out there but you won't find many here since this is a site about turbocharging said cars. Keeping cars original doesn't seem to be on the top of the list here.

With each car company, there are company fans, followers, die hard idiots, so on so forth. But personally I have met more chevy/ford ass holes than I even know mopar people. Mainly because there are simply more chevy/ford people out there. You think Mopar people are ass holes because they don't have the answers to your questions. Most people don't know the answers to the questions. Simple as that. You ask about turbo charging the new hemi, not many people have gone down that path (like stated before). There aren't just lots of people with the new hemis in older mopars to even start with. Not compared to chevy and lsx motors. Then factor the two together, there might only be a handful of people if that many.

I'm not trying to come off as one of those Mopar assholes. Just telling you how it is. I'm pretty sure if someone here knew the answers to your questions, they would have come forth and said something.

13. CW25

Chevy motor in anything but a chevy is a yawn IMO. I have always thought that with the rodders putting chevy engines in everything. THINK OUT OF THE BOX DAMNIT!!!!

Yes it will cost though.

14. turbofreek

hey ive got my answers on what i was looking for.
    i guess i dont mean to put all the mopar fans in the class i did. i have just had issues with all the ones in person ive dealt with. ie.. raising the price of a sale item, taking my money and trying to sprint away from me in his garage(i may not have posted that one :-X), looking over his own damn car and raising the price like an idiot, etc..... yea i have not had any positive dealings with mopar guys in person. i dont look at anyone on this site as a die hard mopar fan, even if its your prefered brand. so nothing i say is directed towards members here. ill try not to be such an arrogant jackass(even though i am an asshole in real life) about what i say when it comes to mopar guys. ill just say the last 15 of 16 mopar guys ive tried to deal with where assholes and ignorant. would that be better? and the one i had decent dealings with is a company that builds new gen hemis, so i didnt expect him to be a jerk anyways.

15. jaquetapus

Why yes, that is better. I was gonna chime in and say you're not gonna get many answers if you put us all in that group. Of course there are some stupid rednecks out there who think the rotten Superbird they pulled out of a river is gonna fetch $120k, or the guy with a '67 Coronet with a "650hp crate Hemi" that's proud to run mid 12's, but not all of us are like that. ;) Some of the most well done cars I've seen were Mopars done by Mopar guys. I hope you have better luck with the guys you run into in the future. And if nobody knows how much abuse a new Hemi will take, why not do it then tell us? You could be the authority on it!

-dave

16. Tubbed440

In reply to your original question - LSx engines are by far a great engine - and they make lots of power per dollar. Would I put one in a Dart? Eh, if I was a budget bracket racer, sure. Otherwise, no.

Now, in reply to the general "Mopar" subject that is being talked about here. I will say this - the guys that you meet that are older (and by older, I mean baby boomers and older) generally are full of it. Most are purists and like to go to car shows and talk about their brother's cousin's 440 HEMI (that never existed mind you) and how they would do wheelies over coke bottles and had a 3/4 race cam. :doh: :doh: The purists are the ones that you want to stay away from. If you don't do a concourse restoration on your car, then you're the anti-christ. I get more than my fair share because I have an E-body. Everyone cringes at the thought of cutting one up and (god forbid) making it faster.

Fact of the matter is - there isn't anyone on this board (the Mopar section that is- not a dig at the rest of the board, I just don't frequent the Ford or Chevy section)that's like that. Look at Nigels' build. That car has been cut/fabbed/reshaped more than most people would do a Dart or Duster. That guy is a motorhead - and I believe that all of us that are here are the same. We're all power mad people who don't look at their Mopar for a return on investment (unless that return is a big grin on our face at 140 mph). If anyone here has experience to share on the topics that you raise, you'll definitely get an answer, but like was said before, most of us here are breaking new ground as it is. It's taken some of us 20 years to get to where we're at now information wise (and I'm 31) - so don't feel bad when you can't get answers. ;)

17. jaquetapus

Hahaha, reminds me of the elusive super rare all original 440 6 pack Hemi '67 Roadrunner that a guy at a local cruise night swore up and down that he was restoring at home in his garage.

18. CyanJaguar

any car with a BBC is effing sweet. more points if its not a chevy(like a z, or a mopar)

and nowadays anything with a big inch ls motor is freaking cool. many points if its an old school chevy and twin turbocharged.

btw, who is more snobby - mopar guys or covette guys?(or maybe gals :D the way some of them act )

19. flynbrian

You wanna really piss some folks off? Go to the Pontiac website and tell them your going to rip out your aluminum head 400 Poncho motor and replace it with a 355 SBC with a turbo!!!

I have been contemplating that idea....Caused quite a storm. I am under the impression that Poncho guys are about the worst it gets for easy to hurt feelings...I bought my 69' Firebird as a total junkpile and made it decent. Now I got "Purists" trying to tell me what to do with my own car! They can kiss my butt.

I say do it! Go against the grain and do what makes you happy.

20. turbofreek

yes pointiac purists are bitches no doubt. i ran ponchos back in the day and neve was satisfied.

on another point here guys. i really want a hemi, no if, and, or buts about it. i just dont want to wait for the damn thing. i cant figure out why the shits 3 times the price for the sam amount of material. just fucking rediculous to me. so im going to give smre a call and see what they can do for me as parts go. the block seems to be the hardest to aquire, but i think ill manage from here on out. just hoping i can squeeze a turbo in there with the hemi in my little a-body :stupid: id hate to have to change my name to (gulp)blowerfreek :'(

bridal-shoal