1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

468 heads help afr,brodix??

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by aaron50, Aug 18, 2012.

1. aaron50

looking at a couple dif heads curious to what you guys think would be best for my combo.

the heads im considering were afr 345cc , or the brodix BB-2 XTRA 365cc .

engine is 468 9.5/1 compression ,blowthrough methanol, powerglide

not forsure on turbos yet either considered twin BW s480,single pt 101 or pt 106 but how well would they spool on this small of cubic inches? we run mostly 1/8 mile

thanks for any help or advice you can provide

2. Drac0nic

What kind of power/ETs are you looking for? With modern tuning assistance such as a two step I wouldn't see an issue getting them to work, you'd also want to have your converter guy in line with what you're doing. Besides that I suspect to use those heads on a 468 you're going to have to rev the shit out of it to really take advantage of them. You're looking at enough flow to get near 800HP N/A even with out of the box castings. If you're not looking to run mid to low 3s in the 1/8th I'd probably be looking to back the combo down some. JMO on it though.

3. aaron50

im only looking for low 5s , i will have convertor made for combo. Car will weigh 3300 to 3400 probably with the turbos and piping. What turbo or head would you reccomend?

I was looking at those cause alot of people said i need something BIG to support the hp ??

4. Swiftshifter

^^^ X2 on backing the combo' down a bit, especially when tryin' to get it all done in an 1/8th of a mile. My suggestion is a pair of AFR #2000, 315CNC castings, and a pair of BW S475 turbos. The heads are somewhat spendy but, the turbos will be in-hand for $1200. More than enough power to run 7's at your weight. Good luck!

---==Temio Williams
    Yuba City, CA

5. Drac0nic

Quick79 got to 5.60s in a 3400lb cutty with 400 CID and a 75mm S400. With an extra 68 CID, canted valve heads and a .125 larger bore to deshroud you'll probably actually make less power for the compressor size, so going up wouldn't be a bad idea. A 91 would likely drop you bottom 5s pretty handily though and a pair of S475s would be some hot shit that you could grow to 500+ CID without any trouble. You'd be talking around 2000hp with a pair of S475s potentially.

Honestly by "sizing down" I was meaning the heads mostly. 345s are bigass heads for 454 CID. If it's strictly track only you can do it, but I would probably not want to on the street. It isn't that they won't work, but it's that the cam size required to use those heads is gonna be very large. Probably larger than you need for a turbo car in the 5s.