1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who besides Garrett makes Intercooler Cores?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by KEVINS, Apr 28, 2023.

1. KEVINS

Garrett seems to be the gold standard when it comes to IC cores but they don't list anything that will fit.

There are a lot of companies that list cores but none seem to be able to give me efficiency data only a rating based on HP which doesn't tell me anything about how efficient it is. A 5" tube can flow enough for high HP but it's cooling efficiency will be nil and I currently have a Treadstone TRTT9 but it's not cooling well enough.

Who else makes HIGH QUALITY and EFFICIENT IC cores besides Garrett?

I need a 4.5" wide core that is Vertical Flow, about 8"-9" tall and 20"-24" long OR I can weld two cores together vertically that still equal this size for twin turbos.

It's going in a 2002 TT Mustang.

KS

2. Wallace

KEVINS likes this.
  3. bbi_turbos

2nd for bell, you can call them and talk to someone about your setup also. I did that when I was sizing one and noticed that their cores were rated about double compared to their size. Called up and went through the numbers and it was right.

4. underpsi68

Precision. I ran the biggest core I could fit. My air temps will stay 5-10* max above ambient temp at the end of a run. Cooler is heavy. 35-40lbs.

5. KEVINS

Good info on Bell Intercoolers!
    I see the size I can use so I will CAD up my idea on tanks and see if I can get something to fit.

Thanks Gents!
    Kevin

6. Forcefed86

You generally use multiple cores to get something that fits best.