1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who all on here is still running a Brent Davis "crutch" carb?

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by PEARL MUSSIN, Feb 17, 2017.

1. PEARL MUSSIN

Just curious... I still have my 750 built by Brent with all the bells and whistles . Took it out of storage to start it up and drive it for a bit since it was 63 degrees here today. Just wondering how you have yours set up as far as jetting and what rpm the pv opens.

Jeremy

2. PEARL MUSSIN

Am I the only one?

3. TTFBDY

Special aren't ya - since 2003!

4. PEARL MUSSIN

Finally got the car back on the right track.. took it out yesterday and made some hits out in the country for the first time in 4yrs...(long story) same 750 Brent did for me back in the day. Only change is upgraded turbos from 57mm to twin 70s. Afr was a rock solid 11.6, 15psi, 20deg of timing 93 octane gas. Car flat out flys...

5. rdakota340

Sorry but I put a Fitech EFI on I had the crutch system worked good. I really like the EFI though.

6. ng8264723

Still got the crutch carb?

7. Ssmonte408

I never had any luck with the crutch carb, could either get it to idle right and be right in boost with crap driveability, or good cruise and everything else crap. Always had a stumble that seemed incurable. Still have it on the shelf, bought a csu no more issues. Now fuel injected.

8. PEARL MUSSIN

Sent you a pm ssmonte408